What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Well you do need 20-25 under 20 players to field a side and not all are going to be NRL players.

If we (and other clubs) only focused on players likely to play NRL, the 20’s might as well be a 7’s tournament (and even that wouId be tough!!) as there won’t be enough players to fill sides!

Can you talk down to to us anymore? Jeez you nuthuggers are pathetic.

TheRam

Coach
Also we didn't have a a head coach in long enough to implement a plan for juniors to first grade and see it through. Each head coach would have a different line of thinking as to what they want in a junior, as this changed every 2 seasons what we wanted coming through the system changed.

Bollocks. This club has that many quality players in our catchment area that after 3 years let alone 5 I would expect that quality to start showing in the NRL.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well it is. We finally had a couple of teenagers appear in our first grade side. Prior to this year they would’ve been too young. We also had about half a dozen finish the year in reserve grade.

TheRam

Coach
Anyone prefer this jersey on my current avatar over the current striped jerseys?

It was designed by a fellow eels supporter

Although the chevron design hasn't been widely used in Parramatta's history, it was used for a few years around the 2001 gf and also as a 9s jersey around that time with Brian Smith coaching at the time.

For mine it's a simplistic clean look that also gives an aggressive impression. The white shorts also need be made permanently redundant. A predominantly current blue home strip with minimal gold would look great imo.

Mate that is the best Eels jersey I believe EVERRRR!

Boy would I buy a few of those. I'd probably buy 3 or 4 just so that when they changed them again to some crappy shit, I would not care cos I have extras in reserve.

I remember a few years ago in the Western Reds/Pirates thread helping design something very similar, but I can't find it now. Hey Chiefy1 have you got a bigger image of that to post. I'd love to see it. Cheers.

Amended: Sorry just saw the bigger image. Cheers.

Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
Most aren't too young for first grade. I think the only ones who probably won't have a chance at playing first grade next year are: Schneider, F Utoikamanu, and Hughes. The rest will have an opportunity if they're top 30.

We offered Kep a development deal, manly offered him a top 30 deal. Why do you assume that just because you offer a player a contract they'll sign it? And if you don't sign them it means you didn't offer anything?
I never ever assume that but you obviously have better info and provided that. Thx

Glenneel

Bench
At the end of the day, Its just a matter of opinion.
As for the 20yo i guess that is why Parra are taking back there Isp team to allow 20yo to continue to develop within the club and allowing them the extra year or 2.
Regarding Keppie. His a big unit and a decent player, But only 2 years ago he couldnt get a starting spot in our SG Ball side. I'm not sure if he is a 1st grader just yet. Very similar biuls to Lane who we not long purchased.
As for Toupou - Very explosive player. But very lazy as well. His lateral movement is pretty ordinary defensively. But who knows what he is like in a year or 2,
But i have no doubt in my mind we have 5-6 Nrl players coming through and i honestly believe we have 2 superstars coming through. Just my opinion and the opinion of others not only at our club.
Regarding Tupou, there have been plenty of lazy players who have taken their time to mature and become good players, Fui Fui comes to mind. If they have the size and the skill set, but something else is holding them back, then worth the while imo to keep them on cheap contracts in ISP side and work on their deficiencies. They may become good players.

TheRam

Coach
Well it is. We finally had a couple of teenagers appear in our first grade side. Prior to this year they would’ve been too young. We also had about half a dozen finish the year in reserve grade.

That's why I said bollocks to nuthugger Obscene's post. Derrr.

Latest posts