What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But one he will be patient about getting.

So expect Gutherson and/or Takairangi to partner Norman until the perfect 7 (for our team) is available.

woddy

Juniors
Is this a joke????
TITANS JAMES GUILTY BUT DOWNGRADE SUCCEEDS
TITANS.COM.AU
– AUGUST 17, 2016
RELATED ITEMSGOLD COAST TITANSINJURIES & SUSPENSIONSNEWSNRL FANTASYRYAN JAMES

image: http://static.zerotackle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/586868374-1024x691.jpg

586868374-1024x691.jpg

GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA - AUGUST 07: Ryan James of the Titans celebrates scoring a try during the round 22 NRL match between the Gold Coast Titans and the New Zealand Warriors at Cbus Super Stadium on August 7, 2016 in Gold Coast, Australia. (Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images)
Ryan James won't miss a week despite being found guilty at the NRL judiciary of a high tackle on Wests Tigers fullback James Tedesco.

Gold Coast Titans front rower Ryan James will take his place in the team to face the Newcastle Knights on Saturday after he was successful in having his Grade 2 careless high tackle charge downgraded to a Grade 1 careless high tackle by the NRL judiciary tonight.

James had faced the prospect of a week’s suspension had the original charge been upheld for a high tackle on James Tedesco last weekend at Campbelltown.

Read more at http://www.zerotackle.com/titans-james-guilty-but-downgrade-succeeds-23314/#gxyFCsSkve0sLIy6.99

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I find it hard to believe peats wasn't in his plans for 2017.
Looks like we couldn't afford him while Foran was on the books. Like was reported at the time, it was between Peats and Norman, and Arthur thought Norman was more essential.

Early in the year I thought we would lose one of Peats, Norman and Paulo. Turns out we were always going to lose two of them until we found all that cap space with Foran gone.

IFR33K

Coach
Looks like we couldn't afford him while Foran was on the books. Like was reported at the time, it was between Peats and Norman, and Arthur thought Norman was more essential.

Early in the year I thought we would lose one of Peats, Norman and Paulo. Turns out we were always going to lose two of them until we found all that cap space with Foran gone.

We were well into the season, and peats was still unsigned for 2017. Had he remained unsigned for another month or two, he just may well of dropped his asking price.

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

T.S Quint

Coach
And now we are stuck with DeGois and Mr Glass.

We finally found a good hooker after all those years of having to watch Matt Keating bumble about. Now we are right back in the same situation again.

Thanks for nothing Kieran.

T.S Quint

Coach
We are this year.
As for next year, who knows. We might end up with someone better...or we may give him another go around.

hindy111

Post Whore
Kaysa bulked up a lot in the last off season and im sure he will again this next.
He has missed how many games this year due to injury ? 4? Id say peats is just as injury prone and in his full size body.
Am i sure if Kaysa will be great - No
But he puts in and leaves nothing in tank.I am happy to give him a go.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Still don't see what people see in Kaysa, yes he's quick and has a dig but his service is just as poor as IDG's.

Add in the fact he's made of glass and I just don't see it.

Gronk

Staff member
Still don't see what people see in Kaysa, yes he's quick and has a dig but his service is just as poor as IDG's.

He has line speed but TBH I don't recall him dashing through lazy markers and stealing 15/20 in any regularity.

Yes he is tough but because of his slight stature will continue to smash his shoulders. I cant see him lasting at this rate unless he gets on the juice and bulks up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He has line speed but TBH I don't recall him dashing through lazy markers and stealing 15/20 in any regularity.

Yes he is tough but because of his slight stature will continue to smash his shoulders. I cant see him lasting at this rate unless he gets on the juice and bulks up.
He definitely needs a stint at the Sharks over the offseason.

IFR33K

Coach

I'm really not sure we've seen enough of him at DH to justify.

The only thing we know for certain is he has a dig, has potential and has been prone to injury.

I'm not calling him the next big thing, but I'm yet to completely write him off either...

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'm really not sure we've seen enough of him at DH to justify.

The only thing we know for certain is he has a dig, has potential and has been prone to injury.

I'm not calling him the next big thing, but I'm yet to completely write him off either...

This is exactly the reason why the decision to continue playing IDG as the primary hooker isn't in our long term interests.

Our season is essentially over so it's the perfect time to find out if Kaysa can cut it as our primary hooker next year. At the very least, he should be replacing IDG at hooker off the bench rather than the undersized middle forward role.

IFR33K

Coach
This is exactly the reason why the decision to continue playing IDG as the primary hooker isn't in our long term interests.

Our season is essentially over so it's the perfect time to find out if Kaysa can cut it as our primary hooker next year. At the very least, he should be replacing IDG at hooker off the bench rather than the undersized middle forward role.

Agree with you wholeheartedly, especially with kaysa used as a battering ram. That's bizarre to say the least.

Ha! Reminds me of the story that Jason Smith would have a durrie at half time. Was that even true ?

I regularly had durries with Dean Schiffilitti (sp?) during half time. He'd duck out the back of the western grandstand and bum them off me and my mate.

Latest posts