What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Of course they do, but they aren’t the reason we have a squad as shit as we do.

St George were broke with less TPA’s than us last season so they showed it can be done without them. Whenever how poor squad is mentioned it’s all “ but but but but but we have no TPA’s”.
I didn’t f**ken say that you f**ken argumentative idiot. Have you been on the Kraken’s this morning?

Shit squad management and lack of TPAs ARE BOTH FACTORS!!!

99% of the conversation on here focuses on our shit squad management but the reality is that we are behind the 8-ball when it comes to TPAs. That’s an irrefutable fact that people should be able to state without idiots going troppo.

Also, the Dragons won as many games in 2018 as we did in 2017 so that’s a f**ken shit example.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon the squad sucks even with him in it, how this squad with him in it or not is near the cap is one for Ripleys. Especially when we had the money free in case Semi came back this year and sacked Edwards and signed no one. What did we do with it??? Or was it more Bernie hot air???
Paulo and Ferguson would be over $1M between them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s a good point and a pretty strong argument why corporate networks should be one of the key section criteria for the CEO.
Corporates aren’t going to waste money sponsoring a player unless it’s someone like Billy Slater and in that case it would be a legitimate TPA that doesn’t influence his choice of clubs.

If corporates are going to spend money on rugby league it’ll be club sponsorship.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If TPA’s are the silver bullet you are claiming and the only reason we are were we are why haven’t the Broncos won a comp since 2006?? Of course they help but a coach, management and board with a clue makes a bigger difference IMO.
They have made the top four a bunch of times since ‘06 so if they haven’t won a premiership it’s only bad luck. And they were a couple of minutes away in ‘15.

Every team that wins the comp had a bit more luck than the other teams good enough to win it that year.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon that if there was a good way to monitor it to make sure players weren't for example just being paid money out of the club's pokies then the NRL should allow a TPA free for all.
People would complain that it would allow all the "rich" clubs to hoard talent, but clearly that's occurring anyway. I reckon it'd actually allow lesser clubs to compete for quality more.
The limiter would be on businesses actually stumping on the cash, not the clubs locating sponsors

TheRam

Coach
Lane will be far superior to KE lol. Dont be suprised if he pushes for origin duties. His name will atleast be mentioned

Yes Lane is far superior to KE, but he is the sort of player that could regress if the whole squad is fragmented the way they were this year. He is the kind of player you probably only see the best of when he has confidence in the team, especially the halves. He loves working off great halves who can deliver a great ball and he can use his size and his own great passing game ans offload.

But if we do have a good season, I believe he will go up another level or two.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How do you know if clubs are interested in Hayne or not? We’re all well aware of the dragons’ interest and there have been reports lately that the Bulldogs might be interested if Klemmer leaves. That’s 2 clubs that we know of via the media. You have no idea if other clubs are making enquires privately.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...matta-eels-contract/7j3qcomfj8x51j9moi71mrdw7
We do know clubs have been free to negotiate with him for over 12 months, and for a week he hasn’t even had a contract.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Wasn’t Hayne the replacement for Semi? And if Fergo is next best after Semi then he’s an upgrade on Hayne?

I reckon on the balance of everything Lane is an upgrade on Kenny
I was replying to Gronk who said Fergo and Sivo were the replacements for Hayne and Semi.

Kenny definitely had his issues but he was still a quality player on the field. Lane is a decent player but not in the same class on the field. All things considered though, I can see where you are coming from.

However, there is absolutely no debate that Davey is a downgrade on Scott (if only defensively).

Happy MEel

First Grade
We do know clubs have been free to negotiate with him for over 12 months, and for a week he hasn’t even had a contract.
Well he told us he wanted to wait until the end of the season (it has been quoted many times). What makes you think he’d want to negotiate with anyone else prior?

TheRam

Coach
I didn’t f**ken say that you f**ken argumentative idiot. Have you been on the Kraken’s this morning?

Shit squad management and lack of TPAs ARE BOTH FACTORS!!!

99% of the conversation on here focuses on our shit squad management but the reality is that we are behind the 8-ball when it comes to TPAs. That’s an irrefutable fact that people should be able to state without idiots going troppo.

Also, the Dragons won as many games in 2018 as we did in 2017 so that’s a f**ken shit example.

Mate, chill, someone take a dump in your fruit loops this morning? It's summer and the off season. You should be to chilled to be going off like a suicide bomber in the morning. Our teams fortunes and some anonymous internet fellows opinion should not be causing all that much anger and vitriol.

You're above that mate.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course they do, but they aren’t the reason we have a squad as shit as we do.

St George were broke with less TPA’s than us last season so they showed it can be done without them. Whenever how poor squad is mentioned it’s all “ but but but but but we have no TPA’s”.
The Dragons had one season of winning more than half their games and now they’re the example of a successful club? Get f**ked. We had two such seasons in ‘16-‘17 but now we had one bad season we’ve suddenly got the worst squad in the NRL?

The lack of TPAs doesn’t mean we can’t have good seasons (look at 2017). But it does mean that unless we want to run ninth every year we need to take risks like back-ending contracts and signing players with discipline/attitude/injury concerns. It means we will have good and bad years, just like the Dragons.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well he told us he wanted to wait until the end of the season (it has been quoted many times). What makes you think he’d want to negotiate with anyone else prior?
After we signed Paulo and Ferguson he should’ve twigged that we might not have the money he was after.