What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why not? Souths have lost GI on $1M so aren’t they now entitled to sign a replacement at one third of that cost.
Doesn’t that only apply for next season???

Point still stands they have a million dollar player not even playing and are still 10 and 1. Must be tough to put up with so much adversity.

Soto

Bench
Watch the NRL let Roberts play.
Media reports state first game for Souths will be next week against the Knights. Then again wouldn't be surprised if darlings of the league soufs get an exemption to allow him to play Friday. We have already seen the NRL let an unregistered player take the field a few weeks ago.

Djay

Juniors
And may have been mentioned but I’m on my phone, what is happening with DWZ? Not happening or?

Doesn’t that only apply for next season???

Point still stands they have a million dollar player not even playing and are still 10 and 1. Must be tough to put up with so much adversity.

Nope.

"This year, Inglis will have six months of his playing contract plus all money paid by Souths for any coaching, commercial or community work the champion centre is involved in."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/35d42b5e82473d4efd87b8dbe4898f5f

So, they get half of his playing salary back, less whatever cash they pay him for other services. Would easily cover the cost of Roberts for half a season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nope.

"This year, Inglis will have six months of his playing contract plus all money paid by Souths for any coaching, commercial or community work the champion centre is involved in."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/35d42b5e82473d4efd87b8dbe4898f5f

So, they get half of his playing salary back, less whatever cash they pay him for other services. Would easily cover the cost of Roberts for half a season.
Roberts is on 500k, so 6 months and half his contract is 650k so they aren’t paying Inglis anything then???

Dibs

Bench
I’ve been reading posts on here about our coach and our results and I’m confused. So last year we were shit and that was Brad’s fault. The year before we were good in spite of Brad but our poor showing in the finals was brad’s fault. The start of this year we were good but not because of Brad but because of Potter. Now we are shit again thanks to Brad. So what I am confused about is how come Brad only ever stinks the eels up but never does anything good for us. Also where the f**k is Potter now? How come he has let Brad undo all of his good work?

Roberts is on 500k, so 6 months and half his contract is 650k so they aren’t paying Inglis anything then???

They don't have to pay Roberts entire annual salary. If Roberts is on 500k for a year, then Souths are only paying whatever the remaining proportion of the year is (i.e. salary til November 1). So 200k or so.

I’ve been reading posts on here about our coach and our results and I’m confused. So last year we were shit and that was Brad’s fault. The year before we were good in spite of Brad but our poor showing in the finals was brad’s fault. The start of this year we were good but not because of Brad but because of Potter. Now we are shit again thanks to Brad. So what I am confused about is how come Brad only ever stinks the eels up but never does anything good for us. Also where the f**k is Potter now? How come he has let Brad undo all of his good work?
That's what we're all asking!!

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
And St George have 239k to spend, so this also means Brad is a deadshit. Plus we missed out on Roberts. FFS.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They don't have to pay Roberts entire annual salary. If Roberts is on 500k for a year, then Souths are only paying whatever the remaining proportion of the year is (i.e. salary til November 1). So 200k or so.
I meant half his salary is 250k, but you are right it’s about 7 months or so.