What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don’t want that clown anywhere near the club.

It will be interesting how the media treat him he’s away from the News limited Donkeys.
Agree. He would be an absolute disaster if he was bought into Parras system. Bennett obviously has a connection with him though.

Glenneel

Bench
No, he would be on at least double that if they have just counted what St George have paid him since November. Obv I don't know the formula they have used but you can't turn this into a criticism of our club this time.
Thank you Soren, stupid me, this club certainly does not deserve any criticism, my bad.

Glenneel

Bench
Yep he only gets $239k a year! Crazy what we overpay player in comparison. I hear Mannah’s on $1.2m to play reggies. It’s because he’s bum chums with BA. And Mannah has been our best player but BA is dropping him because he has lost the plot
What plot is that? Actually thought most of the OTHER players lost the plot against Panthers.

7 months from November yes. So he has 5 months which means he gets about 200k. So only 50k paid out from Souths for poor Greg. No wonder he is doing it so tough.

Let me put this differently. At the time Roberts signed for Souths were approximately 157 days remaining in the 2018-2019 contractual year. This represents about 43% of a whole year. So if Roberts is paid 200k for that period, it is the equivalent of $465k annually. If he gets paid 250k by Souths, that is the equivalent of 580k annually.

Now if GI was on $1m, and he retired on 15 April, about 45% of the contractual year had elapsed, meaning $450k would be charged against the cap. This leaves $550k available. So even if Souths paid GI $300k for gardening services, there is still $250k left over to cover a salary of 250k for Roberts (for 157 days work).

I don't get what your problem with the arrangement is.

IFR33K

Coach
Let me put this differently. At the time Roberts signed for Souths were approximately 157 days remaining in the 2018-2019 contractual year. This represents about 43% of a whole year. So if Roberts is paid 200k for that period, it is the equivalent of $465k annually. If he gets paid 250k by Souths, that is the equivalent of 580k annually.

Now if GI was on $1m, and he retired on 15 April, about 45% of the contractual year had elapsed, meaning $450k would be charged against the cap. This leaves $550k available. So even if Souths paid GI $300k for gardening services, there is still $250k left over to cover a salary of 250k for Roberts (for 157 days work).

Any chance of another breakdown in hours? :laughing::rofl:

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Nah just asking for a friend.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
rapture - Shared IPs
The following users are logged as having used IP addresses used by rapture recently.
No matching users were found.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Eels push ahead with DWZ plans
Parramatta have moved to secure Dallin Watene-Zelezniak’s signature with North Queensland also circling the Kiwi captain.

The Eels this week met Watene-Zelezniak’s manager about the prospect of luring him to the club before the June 30 signings deadline.

It’s understood the club is yet to table Watene-Zelezniak a deal but still want him to play right centre.

The Eels are expecting inspirational forward Nathan Brown to return from injury against Cronulla next week

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/30...that-cost-souths-the-signature-of-payne-haas/

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Eels push ahead with DWZ plans
Parramatta have moved to secure Dallin Watene-Zelezniak’s signature with North Queensland also circling the Kiwi captain.

The Eels this week met Watene-Zelezniak’s manager about the prospect of luring him to the club before the June 30 signings deadline.

It’s understood the club is yet to table Watene-Zelezniak a deal but still want him to play right centre.

The Eels are expecting inspirational forward Nathan Brown to return from injury against Cronulla next week

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/30...that-cost-souths-the-signature-of-payne-haas/

Article also states we were going for Haas before he chose Brisbane.

Latest posts