What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Surely your out of date reference alt name would be RE O’Farrell

Nah, this was one of his 3 posts:

I don't believe you Mrs Casper. Because Casper is with me. We formed a 'Foster and Allan' tribute band and are travelling the US mid-west playing in small town bars. Next week week it's my turn to be Foster and he can be Allan. Just sayin.

Another one disputed the fact that anybody on this site has alt names. But I can't quote that coz the thread is shut.

Glenneel

Bench
The Winemaker Just Dropped Some Huge Mail Regarding Angus Crichton’s NRL Future
ON THE RUSH HOUR WITH MG

The mysterious NRL insider hears plenty on the grapevine - hence the suitable moniker - and once again joined the show on Wednesday to spill the beans on the most recent whisperings.

According to The Winemaker, the Sydney Roosters aren’t impressed with the Angus Crichton's start to life on the East of Sydney. especially after he copped a fair bake from coach Trent Robinson after the club's loss to the Knights last Friday.
The roosters are not happy with what they paid for him and would even be interested in given him back to Souths if they wanted him.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/th...-regarding-angus-crichton-s-nrl-future-139191
Talk about high standards. This is the standard I'd like our club to aspire to, and stop buying overpriced nuffies, but we'll not even be close to this position with BA in charge.

Gronk

Staff member
Talk about high standards. This is the standard I'd like our club to aspire to, and stop buying overpriced nuffies, but we'll not even be close to this position with BA in charge.

You daily goal is to find ways to denigrate the club, amirite ?

giphy.gif

Soto

Bench
But didn’t the roosters buy an over priced nuffy?
I'd suggest a lot of edge players would look decent after the burgess bros have paved the way to run through a retreating defensive line.
I don't think this comes as a surprise that the real Crighton has been revealed. Still a good player but not worth the coin he got from the roosters

hindy111

Post Whore
But didn’t the roosters buy an over priced nuffy?

f**k
Another club bought a player who didnt work out.
Tyrone peachey same
Bird same
Merrin same
Foran x 3 same
Blair x 2 same
Robert's x 4 same

Gee I thought it only happend to our club. Is it possible players all lose form? Some excel at a new start and others go backwards. Who would of guessed.

hindy111

Post Whore
Does anyone else think that there is little difference between a lot of NRL players? Sure you have your superstars but your general players. Go back 10+ years and the quality difference was noticeable and large. But nowdays even your worse players are still capable of playing at a high level and solid. Even your back ups are.I mean look at Panthers last night. Guys like Naden, Martin and the new hooker all played as good as plenty of NRL players.

When your team gets beat I reckon every fan pick the guys at fault but reality is players always will make errors and have off games. That's sport.

For me it's a lot about effort, execution and luck. Players mentalities also. Better players are more mentally ready every game.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Arthur has signed:

Anthony Watmough (regardless of how he turned out, he was an Origin, and Test, player, and won Premierships)

Michael Jennings (Premiership-winner, Origins, Tests)

Blake Ferguson (Origins, Premiership, Tests)

He poached the highly-rated Salmon from Cronulla.

I know it's seemingly de rigueur to hang shit on Arthur, but he has shown he can land quality names.

Avenger

Immortal
Arthur has signed:

Anthony Watmough (regardless of how he turned out, he was an Origin, and Test, player, and won Premierships)

Michael Jennings (Premiership-winner, Origins, Tests)

Blake Ferguson (Origins, Premiership, Tests)

He poached the highly-rated Salmon from Cronulla.

I know it's seemingly de rigueur to hang shit on Arthur, but he has shown he can land quality names.
All these players except Salmon of course were past their prime when he acquired them. I’d argue he paid overs to get them too.

eels_fan

First Grade
How can one be in career best form and the best winger in the competition, yet also be past their prime? :shrug:♂️

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Does anyone else think that there is little difference between a lot of NRL players? Sure you have your superstars but your general players. Go back 10+ years and the quality difference was noticeable and large. But nowdays even your worse players are still capable of playing at a high level and solid. Even your back ups are.I mean look at Panthers last night. Guys like Naden, Martin and the new hooker all played as good as plenty of NRL players.

When your team gets beat I reckon every fan pick the guys at fault but reality is players always will make errors and have off games. That's sport.

For me it's a lot about effort, execution and luck. Players mentalities also. Better players are more mentally ready every game.
Yep. The difference is whether the team wins or loses. Fans look for reasons after the fact and pick individual performances without considering how a particular player's weaknesses were exposed (and nearly all of them have weaknesses).

Merkins were raving about Liam Martin's great performance because they won, but if they lost he would've been pilloried for the fact he missed 9 tackles - even more than Maloney.