What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hayne was never terrible. At his worse he was performing at a a high level. Not like he would have shit games and drop 3 balls and miss tackles meant to make....
He just did not perform at a 10/10 which he would occassionaly do. Might have a 7 out of 10 game.....
Still his average games where higher level then Guthersons average or even better games....

Problem for Hayne was if he had a standard game it was viewed as shit. Hayne did nothing.etc.
Low work rate off the ball made it difficult to fit him into the standard NRL structure. May as well just play him at wing with some set plays around bringing him infield, much like how we use Ferguson.

Gutherson is half the player Hayne was but all his support and decoy work draws defenders away from team mates. I just wish he wouldn't hog all the good ball. Whenever there's a quick play-the-ball or an offload there's Gutho padding his stats. Give it to Moses instead merkin.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Low work rate off the ball made it difficult to fit him into the standard NRL structure. May as well just play him at wing with some set plays around bringing him infield, much like how we use Ferguson.

Gutherson is half the player Hayne was but all his support and decoy work draws defenders away from team mates. I just wish he wouldn't hog all the good ball. Whenever there's a quick play-the-ball or an offload there's Gutho padding his stats. Give it to Moses instead merkin.
Clint Gallen.

Gronk

Staff member

Gronk

Staff member
Peachey deal hits a snag
-
June 20, 2019, 6:13

One deal that does appear to be on track is Waqa Blake shifting further towards the city to join Parramatta. The 24-year-old, who is currently sidelined with a knee injury, may have played his last game for the Panthers with the Eels deal all but sealed.

https://westernweekender.com.au/2019/06/masked-panther-peachey-deal-hits-a-snag/

Waqa might not get to play for some time however. His knee is in a brace for a few more weeks before he can start rehab.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/06/19/westfund-injury-update-rep-round/

84 Baby

Referee
Back to the immortal discussion, just watching the 86 grand final on YouTube, I love the players but how did anyone preprofessionalism get immortal status? It’s f**king horrendous! And f**k dogs are dirty. Rabs feels sorry for Sigsworth. I do too in a way because his tackle on Kenny was about a tenth as bad as Dunn’s on Price.
Sterlo well and truly before his time though

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Back to the immortal discussion, just watching the 86 grand final on YouTube, I love the players but how did anyone preprofessionalism get immortal status? It’s f**king horrendous! And f**k dogs are dirty. Rabs feels sorry for Sigsworth. I do too in a way because his tackle on Kenny was about a tenth as bad as Dunn’s on Price.
Farrah’s tackle on Delroy was a shocker as well.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hayne was never terrible. At his worse he was performing at a a high level. Not like he would have shit games and drop 3 balls and miss tackles meant to make....
He just did not perform at a 10/10 which he would occassionaly do. Might have a 7 out of 10 game.....
Still his average games where higher level then Guthersons average or even better games....

Problem for Hayne was if he had a standard game it was viewed as shit. Hayne did nothing.etc.
Who was more consistent over their career - Hayne or Slater?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hayne wouldn't have fit in at the Storm. He's not a team player.
Fair point, but it is easier to look good in a gun side. Especially for a fullback. Hayne could of been the greatest player the game had ever seen, But he wasn't even close. And that is all on him.

Kornstar

Coach

Anyone who thinks the game was better pre 90's is kidding themselves and are saddistic bastards! It is great that the Eels won 4 premierships and all but when i watch those games and the level of violence and players actively trying to break bones and necks etc. i wonder about the people playing the game...........

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair point, but it is easier to look good in a gun side. Especially for a fullback. Hayne could of been the greatest player the game had ever seen, But he wasn't even close. And that is all on him.
I reckon Hayne would've been up there with Thurston (who won four Dally Ms) if he'd played for Melbourne, though I don't think it's a coincidence that he was never poached by a club like that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyone who thinks the game was better pre 90's is kidding themselves and are saddistic bastards! It is great that the Eels won 4 premierships and all but when i watch those games and the level of violence and players actively trying to break bones and necks etc. i wonder about the people playing the game...........
Pre-90s was shit footy, but right now it's not as much of a spectacle as it was 20 years ago. Around the mid-late 90s was the high water mark.

Latest posts