What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Agree with you but unfortunately I think that Slater will be added at some stage. Good player, huge cat, massive motor and gave 100% all the time, but wouldn’t have been half the player without Cam Smith feeding him. But with News being his employer all these years, unfortunately he will be added...
Ask yourself, is he the best fullback that has ever played the game? At his best Hayne was better than him.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
The same Locky that was about to be dropped in 2006??? He was a great player without a doubt but I class him on the same level as Freddy. Just below that immortal level. The more merkins they stick in the cheaper the concept becomes. Mal shouldn’t have gotten in either. It’s hilarious when people mention Johns shouldn’t be in for a few pills are the same people who wanted someone like Mal in. Great weights programme at Brisbane Souths in the 80’s.........

Nah I disagree. Are you trying to say the likes of Belcher, Action Jackson, Mal etc were on some kind of roids master session?

Gronk

Staff member
Ask yourself, is he the best fullback that has ever played the game? At his best Hayne was better than him.
Moot point bc neither Hayne or Slater are worthy of becoming an immortal.

An entry into the Hall of Fame however should be awarded to both players however.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Rugby_League_Hall_of_Fame

My 2 cents: Hayne at his best was an absolute game breaking freak, however lacked crucial consistency. Slater was a brilliant fullback and offered his team consistency, however was not an individual game breaker like Hayne.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If I was to ask myself who the best was, it would be who is consistently the best.

Someone who was great every now and then but otherwise disappointing isn't even in the conversation. Only a Parra fan would try and put Hayne forward.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
f**k me there are some racist idiots in this place (NRL forum). I cant believe what I just read. Must be the full moon again.

/endrant

jk13

First Grade
I wish y’all would go and do sumfing useful like contribute to foolau’s go fund me page hahaha what a moron

84 Baby

Referee
I wish y’all would go and do sumfing useful like contribute to foolau’s go fund me page hahaha what a moron
There’s a very specific reason why he’s doing it that way. One that I was almost involved with, to toot my own horn. It’ll have large contributions from a few individuals by 30 June or on 1 July

hindy111

Post Whore
If I was to ask myself who the best was, it would be who is consistently the best.

Someone who was great every now and then but otherwise disappointing isn't even in the conversation. Only a Parra fan would try and put Hayne forward.

Hayne was never terrible. At his worse he was performing at a a high level. Not like he would have shit games and drop 3 balls and miss tackles meant to make....
He just did not perform at a 10/10 which he would occassionaly do. Might have a 7 out of 10 game.....
Still his average games where higher level then Guthersons average or even better games....

Problem for Hayne was if he had a standard game it was viewed as shit. Hayne did nothing.etc.

hindy111

Post Whore
f**k me there are some racist idiots in this place (NRL forum). I cant believe what I just read. Must be the full moon again.

/endrant

Who was racist? Do not confuse stereotypes for racism. Stereotypes generally come for a reason.