What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe so we can frontload his contract with cap space we have this year.

Additionally every squad need “Alvaro” type players and with our own NSW cup side next year, he is probably a good player to have around (based on ability/leadership).

Once he drops 5 lbs he will be back in nrl side.
You don't make a guy play 71mins in reserves if not making him drop weight.
May even be named this week.

hindy111

Post Whore
No chance Jake is worth $1m even though he has a Serbian background. And Tom who is a little injury prone is a big risk at $1.2m.

I’d pass on both of them and exploit Manly by buying one of their other forwards.

Tom's elite.
But Gutherson is just a shade off and half the price. Far better value.

hindy111

Post Whore
As it stands we may worse case look like this -

8 Jnr
10 Ke
11 Lane
12 Tepai
13 Brown

14 Terepo
15 Nikuore
16 Alvaro
17 Stone

18 Kafusi
19 Stefano

It isn't awfull if Kafusi and Stefano stepped up and forced Terepo and Alvaro as 18 and 19th man.

I think we will add 1 certain top 17 forward and 2 depth. I'd be happy if Taka was one of those. Salmon or Schneider may even by no 14 with 3 forwards on bench.
1-7 is set and looks dynamic. I'd say it's in the top 5 of back lines.
Squad is shaping up nicely for 2020.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don’t know mate. Matt Prior? I’m on more than him.
To be fair mate, you’re probably on more than DCE :wink:

With the squad we’re building towards for 2021, Jake transforms us from competitive to contenders. I’m not sure there are too many other middles that can do that and our backline is looking pretty set if we can re-sign Brown and Sivo. Perhaps we could improve on the edge with Niukore but I’m more than happy with Lane on one edge.

Last edited: