What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
I think Brown is being used wrongly.

He is best running into holes, or after a quick play-the-ball.

He is too short and light to be just a battering ram.

Having said that, he still leads our line speed in defence, so he's contributing that way every week.
Completely agree. Browny off a quick play the ball is further punching holes in the defence. I do agree sometimes he gets too involved but that's because others are probably not aiming up.
I also think people are a bit harsh on Evans. He seems to be the new scapegoat everytime we lose. Yes he didnt have the best game the other day but he has been pretty good especially since starting.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Completely agree. Browny off a quick play the ball is further punching holes in the defence. I do agree sometimes he gets too involved but that's because others are probably not aiming up.
I also think people are a bit harsh on Evans. He seems to be the new scapegoat everytime we lose. Yes he didnt have the best game the other day but he has been pretty good especially since starting.

I agree.

Brown is still class.

And Evans has done his job well, imo.

Unfortunately, both our starting front rowers in Paulo and Evans are good in attack, but struggle in defence, and as soon as our opposition gets some possession, and momentum, we cannot swing it back our way with them.

I am happy to see Alvaro back in the side, though I think he would best be starting with either Evans or Paulo.

I'd actually start with Avaro and Evans, and bring Paulo off the bench to run at tired players.

emjaycee

Coach
If the rumours are right and Mennings is signing for one more year, i reckon he and Parry nearly close out our backs for 2020 (maybe one more promotion in Dunster and one more purchase, hopefully in the halves).

HoF and BA now can shift their recruitment focus to the forwards where we need another hooker unless Schnieder is ready and another 6 or so forwards.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If the rumours are right and Mennings is signing for one more year, i reckon he and Parry nearly close out our backs for 2020 (maybe one more promotion in Dunster and one more purchase, hopefully in the halves).

HoF and BA now can shift their recruitment focus to the forwards where we need another hooker unless Schnieder is ready and another 6 or so forwards.

Need some dominant defenders - badly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Who is a forward defender Bellamy would recruit? Someone not on big money but somebody willing to do their job well. He seems to get recruitment right.

I don't know who Bellamy would go for, but I would ask about:

Jarred Warea-Hargreaves (I know he is getting old, but he is an out and out leader)

Scott Bolton (as above)

Shaun Fensom (I know he isn't a great player, but he's a very reliable defender)

Toafofoa Sipley (listed at 190cm and 120kg, he would add some serious bulk)

Jack Stockwell

Paea Pua

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree with this. Would certainty rather JWH than gorgeous George.

100%.

He's exactly the type of player we need.

I know the Roosters are a far better side than we are, but how many times has JWH changed the momentum of a game by himself, pretty much?

Throw the bank at him, because he would transform this pack, imo.

IFR33K

Coach
Who is a forward defender Bellamy would recruit? Someone not on big money but somebody willing to do their job well. He seems to get recruitment right.

Maybe the coaching’s a Little better??

Have you seen any Bellamy recruits turn into an absolute failure?