What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Triple M's League insider Brent Read has revealed the Parramatta Eels are set to extend the contracts of two key players.

"Parramatta initially only offered him (Michael Jennings) the one-year but it looks like he'll get the two years he wants at Parramatta," Ready told Triple M Saturday NRL.

"Brad Takairangi is another guy who is off-contract at the end of this year and it looks like he will sign a new deal there as well.

"A couple of big signings for the Eels as they head towards the finals."

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ready-s-mail-parramatta-eels-set-to-re-sign-two-key-players-145869

Another great re-signing - Jennings' defence alone is worth it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Possibly, but I like his current role. He is providing plenty of impact in the middle and his role is pretty simple. I reckon (hope) he will take the tep/Peni role in the team. He’s much better than both.
Well if he plays on the edge where we have room next year it means we can fit our middle forwards into the 17. We have more than enough players worthy of the top 17 contracted for next year, and Terepo is one of them.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well if he plays on the edge where we have room next year it means we can fit our middle forwards into the 17. We have more than enough players worthy of the top 17 contracted for next year, and Terepo is one of them.
Agree to disagree. We need more quality in our top 17 if we are to challenge for the title. Terepo is a good player to have if we have injuries but I’d like us to recruit another starting edge forward and another top 17 middle (of better quality than Terepo). I think we should be able to afford that. RCG would look after the middle recruitment and we need to go after a quality edge forward.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree to disagree. We need more quality in our top 17 if we are to challenge for the title.
Well we're not going to have much more quality in our top 17 middle until players like Terepo and Alvaro are out of contract, which won't be next year. We might get another one for 2020 but that still leaves room for someone like Terepo:

Brown
Paulo
New bloke
Evans
Alvaro
Terepo

Terepo is a good player to have if we have injuries but I’d like us to recruit another starting edge forward and another top 17 middle (of better quality than Terepo). I think we should be able to afford that. RCG would look after the middle recruitment and we need to go after a quality edge forward.
There isn't much available as far as edge forwards go so re-signing Takairangi could mean we are waiting for 2021 to bring in the big money second rower we want. That means Niukore will be needed on the edges where he started the year.

Latest posts