What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Couldn't quite understand your post but yes we dominate HM/SGB but fall away badly thereafter. There is some huge disconnect from JF upwards. How is it that Bennett can get an average player and turn him into a decent player? Even a player who has been with multiple clubs and failed becomes much better in the Storm system. A system BA should know about as was Bennett's assistant but has never been implemented or if it has it has failed.
I think you mean Bellamy?

hindy111

Post Whore
Can you really say Mahoney and D Brown are our juniors? Both are recent imports, Mahoney from Dogs and DB from NZ. Maybe that's the secret, allow other clubs to develop them during their informative years and take them once polished. That way we can't ruin them.

If you put the effort into taking a kid when he is 17 I feel like he is one of yours. Especially if it wasn't a bidding war and even still it shows you had faith in the kid.
From what I understand Mahoney wasn't wanted by club.
I dont think Stone or Nikoure where either but I could be wrong.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can you really say Mahoney and D Brown are our juniors? Both are recent imports, Mahoney from Dogs and DB from NZ. Maybe that's the secret, allow other clubs to develop them during their informative years and take them once polished. That way we can't ruin them.
Thats what the Roosters do and claim them as their own.

Gronk

Staff member

One day you winge that we are not getting out and identifying junior talent and dropping them into our pathways, and the next day you are sledging that the very kids that we placed in our pathways are imports. FFS.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Couldn't quite understand your post but yes we dominate HM/SGB but fall away badly thereafter. There is some huge disconnect from JF upwards. How is it that Bennett can get an average player and turn him into a decent player? Even a player who has been with multiple clubs and failed becomes much better in the Storm system. A system BA should know about as was Bennett's assistant but has never been implemented or if it has it has failed.
We don't dominate SG Ball, we dominate Harold Matthews only. The reason is that most clubs don't even recruit at under 16s level. SG Ball recruiting is where it gets competitive for players. For example Cordner played SG Ball for the Chooks but Harold Matts for Newcastle.

84 Baby

Referee
Of course it matters who first signs a top quality player. Everyone knows and so do you unless you're an idiot, that it is harder for a player to leave his junior club then it is any other. The raiding club needs to really offer big to entice a player that is happy, playing well, at a strong club and paid well to leave.

The rest of your rant with no paragraphs is even more nonsense that I couldn't be bothered to respond to cos it seems as though you wrote it while drunk, other then to say that we are a development club and the point of being a development club is to develop the BEST juniors we can get our hands on and bring them through to 1st grade and by doing so instilling bonds and loyalty withing the juniors so as to be able to hold on to the best ones against raids by the powerful clubs that we compete against.
Thurston, Milford, Ponga, JWH, Tedesco are all players who left their junior clubs before being established superstars. And then you can add in Taumololololo, DCE, Hayne in terms of players who didn’t leave but got eye-watering upgrades. Do you seriously think either of the Trbvsjvfjevics are going to take significantly under offers to stay at Manly?
And while Cows, Boncos, Knights and Rorters may have instilled some bondage in those players, you’re own words infer Dogs, Canbra, Cows, Manly & Wests would have also instilled bonds in those players. And now with rumours throwing around huge amounts of money, suddenly new bonds can pop up.
And if were to sign Fifita now, how much more do you think we’d have to pay then if we signed him previously and he’d been similarly performing and available? My guess is it’d probably be an identical amount

84 Baby

Referee
Couldn't quite understand your post but yes we dominate HM/SGB but fall away badly thereafter. There is some huge disconnect from JF upwards.
Because Flegg is the age physicalaties even up between players.
The rest of your post was just a shoehorned whinge

Latest posts