What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

amitropo

Juniors
If we are spending that amount, I’d rather fifita on a long term contract or even radradra for 800 for 3 Yrs.
shift fergo into center for a couple of years.

If we are spending that amount, I’d rather fifita on a long term contract or even radradra for 800 for 3 Yrs.
shift fergo into center for a couple of years.

Frankly, I'd sign them on a 50 year contract, with a lot of back ending, and when they eventually do their knee / ankle / ribs / prostate I'd force them into retirement and claim it against the cap. That''s really what these offers seem to be about to me.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I'm interested to know why people think Mitchell is "lazy". His stats this year are his best yet with the exception of run metres. Not saying a 10 year deal is smart, but I'll take anything that's a breaking story on Triple M with a grain of salt.

Incorrect

Coach
Mitchell has already won 2 premierships, dominated in an Origin winning series, done pretty much everything there is to do and he's only 22. This is a guy that has already admitted he's looking forward to finishing up his career and heading back home to retire... It would be idiotic for any club to sign him for 5 years, let alone 10. And it's what also makes Trent Robinson a shrewd operator - nobody else in Rugby league would have a better idea than Robinson about whether Mitchell is a smart long term investment and if Robinson is OK to let him walk, I think it speaks volumes...

84 Baby

Referee
The best position we've been in during BAs tenure is this year where we came 7th conceding 473 points. The next best was 2017 where we leaked 457 points which was in 8th place. To be a contender for the gf we have to be in the top 4 for the ladder and in defence.
Got beaten to the punch:
In 4 season proper games this year we allowed the opposition to score more than 30 points. Take those games out of the equation and our average points against drops to around 15 per game. If we limited those 4 games alone to 25 points against us (or less) than our defence would have been in the top 4.
So defence overall is okay - just need to tighten up the attitude so a loss doesn't result in a blowout.

FTR: Games where opposition score 30+ points regardless of result
Storm = 0
Roosters = 1
Rabbits = 1
Raiders = 1
Eels = 4
Manly = 2
Sharks = 2
Broncos = 4
Leadership and attitude are the issues, not structures or ability

Bazal

Post Whore
Gutherson at 650 or latrell at 1 mill.
I'd pay the extra 350k and get a genuine superstar.

Or...Gutho at 650K and Joseph Manu at 500k?

Latrell is a genuine superstar...when he wants to be, and that's the issue. I'd be happy if we signed him (not for ten f**king years though) but also very cautious. I can remember halves of football where he didn't touch the ball!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gutherson at 650 or latrell at 1 mill.
I'd pay the extra 350k and get a genuine superstar.
Except low-workrate superstars aren't really good value under the salary cap. It's why you only find them at the big clubs when they're on unders. Mitchell struggles making ten carries a game at centre. How would he cope when he's expected to handle all the extra involvement required of a fullback? He might have to lose 15 kilos to keep up. If it was even possible it would blunt his power game.

Latest posts