What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
I reckon the Roosters big names have those game wide sponsors which aren’t included in this list which is why their figure was so low
Teddy with Holden or the NRL
Cordner, Kear and Cronk Fox sports

I also reckon Gutho and Moses might have one with Fox

strider

Post Whore

Chipmunk

Coach
It's interesting that the Broncos are second on the list of TPA's. They don't have a squad that is even remotely close to being Premiership contenders. In fact, they've got a squad who is more likely to miss the Top 8 in 2020, than make the Top 8.

All those TPA's and not one leader amongst them.

Talk about pissing money up against a wall.

Stevie

Bench
Kyle Turner not fit into Souths cap and training on his own looking for a lifeline. I’d throw him a cheapie contract 100%. A premiership winning backrower who isn’t old and is a bloody good player.

Came back from serious injury and can really play. I remember him filling in at centre last year I think and was terrific!

Would be a cheap add to out backrower stocks, yes please.

84 Baby

Referee
Kyle Turner not fit into Souths cap and training on his own looking for a lifeline. I’d throw him a cheapie contract 100%. A premiership winning backrower who isn’t old and is a bloody good player.

Came back from serious injury and can really play. I remember him filling in at centre last year I think and was terrific!

On the cheap, yes. But he’s definitely behind Matterson and Lane, probably Decore, and is probably at back of pack looking to fill the number 17 spot behind Taka and maybe Salmon. He could probably find a club that could give him more game time and given he’s only 27 could potentially find that promise he had pre-injury, which could lead to a larger contract

Gazzamatta

Coach

Yeah Ive seen him shopping himself around. Obviously not many suitors. I agree totally. Cant see any downside for the right price. Hes the bloke Gallen nearly decapitated isnt he?
Great suggestion. Give Markey O a call.

Glenneel

Bench
To be fair, Haas and Fifita would have been on rookie contracts in 2019
Yes I know, meant upgrades to $800k for this coming year and they can still afford to sign Brodie Croft from Storm. You'd think sombrero would have been fully utilised before that happened.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
On the cheap, yes. But he’s definitely behind Matterson and Lane, probably Decore, and is probably at back of pack looking to fill the number 17 spot behind Taka and maybe Salmon. He could probably find a club that could give him more game time and given he’s only 27 could potentially find that promise he had pre-injury, which could lead to a larger contract
Yep. I think if he was happy with minimum salary he'd already have a contract for 2020.

Stevie

Bench
Look he would be behind Lane and Matterson but he is a quality player looking for a lifeline (been quoted as such) and we will have plenty of injuries/suspensions through the year. Plus who knows, he might just put a bit of pressure on those guys which is great! No player owns a position, and he has shown he has great character which you always need.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
So much for all the crap that we can't compete with the likes of the Rooster due to TPA's. Pou and his posse of excuse mongers have been shown up again. Like I have said countless times that there are no excuses other then bad management for the way Parra have performed for all these years. Money was never the issue.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ho...as-yet-went-back-to-back-20191213-p53jt3.html

Club TPAs total
  1. Storm ($809,998)
  2. Broncos ($349,852)
  3. Panthers ($233,333)
  4. Sharks ($211,952)
  5. Rabbitohs ($198,591)
  6. Knights ($181,275)
  7. Sea Eagles ($148,718)
  8. Wests Tigers ($132,458)
  9. Dragons ($82,951)
  10. Eels ($80,166)
  11. Roosters ($68,966)
  12. Bulldogs ($59,680)
  13. Raiders ($45,333)
  14. Warriors ($27,591)
  15. Titans ($18,153)
  16. Cowboys ($15,667)

Kinda makes the salary cap seem redundant...

lingard

Coach
So much for all the crap that we can't compete with the likes of the Rooster due to TPA's. Pou and his posse of excuse mongers have been shown up again. Like I have said countless times that there are no excuses other then bad management for the way Parra have performed for all these years. Money was never the issue.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ho...as-yet-went-back-to-back-20191213-p53jt3.html

Club TPAs total
  1. Storm ($809,998)
  2. Broncos ($349,852)
  3. Panthers ($233,333)
  4. Sharks ($211,952)
  5. Rabbitohs ($198,591)
  6. Knights ($181,275)
  7. Sea Eagles ($148,718)
  8. Wests Tigers ($132,458)
  9. Dragons ($82,951)
  10. Eels ($80,166)
  11. Roosters ($68,966)
  12. Bulldogs ($59,680)
  13. Raiders ($45,333)
  14. Warriors ($27,591)
  15. Titans ($18,153)
  16. Cowboys ($15,667)

There are two separate issues here. One is that Parramatta's recruitment, retention and cap management over the last heaven knows how long, has been diabolical. No question.
But the whole TPA system is so fraught with problems (i.e: the potential for big-time cheating) that it makes a mockery of everything that the salary cap was initially set up for.
Obviously these two separate issues have compounded at Parramatta (and elsewhere) because if you f**k up your recruitment/retention and therefore underperform and/or can't attract 'stars' to your club, then you won't be able to attract legal TPA's either. And it becomes a vicious cycle (which, hopefully, we are starting to claw our way out of).
But the whole TPA system needs to be reviewed. That's for sure.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing is that TPAs affect the clubs without them because they inflate player prices across the board, but especially for players at the upper end of salaries.