What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
If the discount is understood to be in lieu of a payment for services rendered, then it is earnings that are taxable. Not declaring that would be tax evasion.

That is possible, but difficult to prove I'd suggest in the TPA for NRL players cases, because there is no requirement for the NRL player to do anything for a TPA unless it's otherwise stipulated.

Bandwagon

Staff member
That is possible, but difficult to prove I'd suggest in the TPA for NRL players cases, because there is no requirement for the NRL player to do anything for a TPA unless it's otherwise stipulated.

Being able to get away with shit still doesn't make it legal though.

84 Baby

Referee
I don't see there is any law in any jurisdiction in this country that in general circumstances dictates that one party can't sell a property to another party for whatever price it deems appropriate, for instance anyone can sell a $1 million property to someone for $1 and I'd suggest no laws are broken.

On your bank issue, banks determine the value of the property when loans are involved, not the seller or the buyer.

The local councillor issue you raised relates to an offence as a Government official. The only way the crime is committed is if one party is a Government official, these are different circumstances entirely.
Well it’s clear you’ve only read the first sentence of the initial post and missed an edit (that was done before your question) and multiple other posts that all basically said no it’s not illegal to sell to someone below market value but there are laws dictating if you must have other related dealings with it being valued to market

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
What if the property developer let players stay in his spare bedroom rent free?

What if the property developer let's one player stay in his spare room, but doesn't let another player stay in his other spare room because of that player's religion ? Who does he buy the cake from !?!

84 Baby

Referee
What if the property developer let's one player stay in his spare room, but doesn't let another player stay in his other spare room because of that player's religion ? Who does he buy the cake from !?!
What if the developers religion dictates he provide free room but not to certain people?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nobody needs cake these days. There are plenty of other delicious morsels.