What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I agree that he doesn't seem to possess much other then a straight hard running game, but after watching the 9's a trial, he carried the ball very strongly, and seemed more powerful then the others. So coming into his manly man years now, he may have that seasoned extra strength that players need and get as they mature into first grade.

But you are right, he could prove to be not much more then he already is once all the big boys are back and in front of him. The odds are in your prediction favour Hindy, I just hope he does show more of what I saw in those games thus far or if we don't we should start to elevate others over him to see what they can do.

But either way, this is the year I will judge him either way.
He seems to me a more whole hearted version of your former favourite, Tepai Moeroa.
I’d like to see him develop his running lines Ma’u style. Thankfully I think it’s an area Johns could help in

TheRam

Coach
Moeroa was a decent first grader in the first few years too. I hope Nuikore doesn't go backwards like Tepai did.

Tepai was never a consistently good first grader. Making, 75-85m and 25-30 tackles a game when you have all the physical attributes this bloke has is very underwhelming. Period.

That's why we never stood in his way when he jumped to Yawnion.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Tepai was never a consistently good first grader. Making, 75-85m and 25-30 tackles a game when you have all the physical attributes this bloke has is very underwhelming. Period.

That's why we never stood in his way when he jumped to Yawnion.
Marata is nowhere near the player Tepai was at his best. But I hope you're right and he becomes a bit of a weapon this year. I agree Tepai never lived up to his early potential.

84 Baby

Referee
Marata is nowhere near the player Tepai was at his best. But I hope you're right and he becomes a bit of a weapon this year. I agree Tepai never lived up to his early potential.
Tepai at his best was a far more nuanced defender than 95% of the comp. He just never figured if he wanted to be battering ram or hole runner

TheRam

Coach

Tepai at his best was what a handful of games over 4-5 years? Hardly impressive stuff. But you are right Niukore hasn't done anything yet to get to excited about. Nor has anyone said he has. All that is being discussed here is that this year is his to make or break. Over to you Niukore.

84 Baby

Referee
Tepai at his best was what a handful of games over 4-5 years? Hardly impressive stuff. But you are right Niukore hasn't done anything yet to get to excited about. Nor has anyone said he has. All that is being discussed here is that this year is his to make or break. Over to you Niukore.
Why? Why is this year the year that makes or breaks him?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
In hineysight, Tepai was probably brought up to quickly. Not enough strings in his bow

I think Tepai and French are why we're seeing our younger guys spend more time in reserve grade. Tep had 1, maybe 2, games in between playing 20s and first grade; French had maybe a handful I can't quite remember.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I think Tepai and French are why we're seeing our younger guys spend more time in reserve grade. Tep had 1, maybe 2, games in between playing 20s and first grade; French had maybe a handful I can't quite remember.
You are probably right, but then the coach plays a nervous game with the player manager who wants his boy to be playing 1s and threatens to take him to the Tigers if he doesn't. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
You are probably right, but then the coach plays a nervous game with the player manager who wants his boy to be playing 1s and threatens to take him to the Tigers if he doesn't. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Couldn't agree more. Reserve grade is an important step to first grade and should be treated us such, unfortunately years of disrespect has made it unimportant in the eyes of most.

Latest posts