What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
I agree that he doesn't seem to possess much other then a straight hard running game, but after watching the 9's a trial, he carried the ball very strongly, and seemed more powerful then the others. So coming into his manly man years now, he may have that seasoned extra strength that players need and get as they mature into first grade.

But you are right, he could prove to be not much more then he already is once all the big boys are back and in front of him. The odds are in your prediction favour Hindy, I just hope he does show more of what I saw in those games thus far or if we don't we should start to elevate others over him to see what they can do.

But either way, this is the year I will judge him either way.
Needs to develop an offload and play a bit smarter, not be a battering ram all the time.

T-Boon

Coach
The fox game now is Eels v Dogs from 2011.
I absolutely LOVE that yellow (or is it gold) Eels jersey and except that I wouldn't have any advertisement on the front and I would make the badge bigger, I would make it our permanent jersey.

T-Boon

Coach
Actually I even like the PIRTEK design on it but I would have it say EELS and allow the major sponsor to have the back whilst also charging them full freight.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Tepai and French are why we're seeing our younger guys spend more time in reserve grade. Tep had 1, maybe 2, games in between playing 20s and first grade; French had maybe a handful I can't quite remember.

No....
They just didn't have it.
Brown and Mahoney and even Kafusi also tasted first grade recently at younge ages.
We thought they where good enough. And well they where. They most likely just wanted to much money. Bother where good enough for NRL imo.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
No....
Brown and Mahoney and even Kafusi also tasted first grade recently at younge ages.
We thought they where good enough. And well they where. They most likely just wanted to much money. Bother where good enough for NRL imo.

Brown and Kaufusi played more reserve grade than French or Moeroa before playing first grade, Kaufusi has also played a bit of reserve grade even after making his first grade debut.

84 Baby

Referee
No....
It’s not a catch-all. Some players can handle/adapt to the transition from junior to 1st grader. Others (likely the overwhelming majority) need to learn against experienced players

hindy111

Post Whore
Brown and Kaufusi played more reserve grade than French or Moeroa before playing first grade, Kaufusi has also played a bit of reserve grade even after making his first grade debut.

Well our NRL side is far more competetive and harder to get into.
I dont buy into the whole played to early and ruined his career crap. Unless was injury.
Sure in NFL I can see why a QB in draft going to a poor team may struggle. Nrl is different.

Bazal

Post Whore
The fox game now is Eels v Dogs from 2011.
I absolutely LOVE that yellow (or is it gold) Eels jersey and except that I wouldn't have any advertisement on the front and I would make the badge bigger, I would make it our permanent jersey.

Canary yellow? That's Australia gold my friend, and don't you f**king forget it!

Stevie

Bench
Not long to go until we get a teams list to froth over and of course game day on the 12...

I’m SO pumped!!!

Latest posts