What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
The NRL should try to get some of the bush fie relief money. Haha.

Buz Rothfield had a bright idea last night on 360. He said they were spending $800m on the new SFS. Instead they should build another Bankwest for $300m and give the rest to the NRL.
yes.gif

T-Boon

Coach
Buz Rothfield had a bright idea last night on 360. He said they were spending $800m on the new SFS. Instead they should build another Bankwest for $300m and give the rest to the NRL.
yes.gif

Dang I agree with the downsizing of SFS. If it goes ahead at all. It was always unnecessary.

Avenger

Immortal
Will this 1 player turn us from a fringe contender to genuine contender? If yes then hell yes but I consider our biggest impediment is probably the coaching staff and the head coach in particular. With our squad and a Bellamy or Robinson in charge we'd be a definite contender and wouldn't need Fifita. With BA who knows?
That’s a good point. Very good point. Miss these type of posts.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He was insured against a career ending injury. This is a totally different thing. If the NRL doesn't continue with its competition then there is no employment for these players. They will need to take a hair cut on wages, depending on the amount of games that are cancelled or if it is a total shutdown, then they will get next to nothing.

like I said, says who ?

where is your source for all this hot air

TheRam

Coach
Eight million hectares of burnt bush land is not a beat up, its a f**king massive disaster. I believe the worlds biggest fire before now was 1m hectares during deliberate Amazon rain forest fire. This was 8 times bigger and covered entire continent. We showed the world what inaction with the climate will do. The world will burn and maybe then, just maybe, we'll do something about it, but only if Trump believes it which I doubt. He probably thinks it was a beat up too.

And the Corona virus is due to climate change too. When will the world and Trump wake up? What will it take. Who's thinking about the children?

I blame everyone except me and my cow Daisy. She's so bright and calm. She tells me all will be OK and not to worry about all this unpleasantness to much. She tells me the media are beating this up more then what it takes to make her milk into butter.

Oh when I look into her sweet big brown eyes, how could I? Ah Daisy you sweet big beautiful gal you...

TheRam

Coach
like I said, says who ?

where is your source for all this hot air

Sorry Sherlock, I don't have a printed source, just that it has been said numerous times on the footy shows. But logic suggests that "act of God" clauses are in the NRL's contract with the players for just this type reason mate. It isn't an out there type of statement by the jernos or something not common.

Why do you find this so hard to believe? If they don't play then there is no money to pay anyone. You can't get money out of a stone, unless if you were a wizard. Are you a wizard Twizzle?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Eight million hectares of burnt bush land is not a beat up, its a f**king massive disaster. I believe the worlds biggest fire before now was 1m hectares during deliberate Amazon rain forest fire. This was 8 times bigger and covered entire continent. We showed the world what inaction with the climate will do. The world will burn and maybe then, just maybe, we'll do something about it, but only if Trump believes it which I doubt. He probably thinks it was a beat up too.
The world has moved on pretty quickly from the supposed continent wide bushfires. Now we are exposed to new risks that will have unforeseen consequences. The problem is the world is too interconnected, which allows everything to scale in ways that we've never seen before. This is especially true for risk and our reaction to it. Which is driven by the media.

You want to know the absolute worst place to learn about anything complex (including science and risk management)? From journalists.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like articles that say: we estimate 1 billion .... were killed and animal x is now endangered. I straight reject those stories now. Give me facts. Not estimates. They are hysterical.
The media keep wheeling out 'experts' with zero track record of their supposed expertise providing superior predictive performance to that of any given sample of punters.