What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
No, there is more than one alternative.

The economy's gonna suffer regardless, the concentration should be upon whatever is required to stop people dying.

The dead don't give two f**ks about the economy.
People are also going to die regardless. But the dead are heartless because the economy cares about the dead

Glenneel

Bench
When Cam Smith come out and started making statements I was turned off. Who the f**k does he think he is my telling the NRL to shut down.
For f**k sake Hindy don't you know he runs the game by now? Firstly as the referees boss and now as head honcho.

Bet if NRL shuts down he still holds his hand out for his full pay, unlike some of our well paid players who have promised to take a bigger cut to help out the lesser paid players.

Glenneel

Bench
I am hoping the NRL is a bit like me. That is, slightly suspicious that this is a media beat up like the fires were and so many other things have been since the mainstream media became desperate homeless bums. I stopped believing a couple disasters ago.
You're a real worry T-B, now the fires were a hoax along with this Covid-19 (tell that to the 50+ people and the billion or so native animals that died). Next you'll be telling us Gutho has no ball skills.

Glenneel

Bench
Should we go after David Fafita? He would command about $1.2m a season.
Will this 1 player turn us from a fringe contender to genuine contender? If yes then hell yes but I consider our biggest impediment is probably the coaching staff and the head coach in particular. With our squad and a Bellamy or Robinson in charge we'd be a definite contender and wouldn't need Fifita. With BA who knows?

Glenneel

Bench
He didn't say it was a hoax, he said it was a beat up.
Eight million hectares of burnt bush land is not a beat up, its a f**king massive disaster. I believe the worlds biggest fire before now was 1m hectares during deliberate Amazon rain forest fire. This was 8 times bigger and covered entire continent. We showed the world what inaction with the climate will do. The world will burn and maybe then, just maybe, we'll do something about it, but only if Trump believes it which I doubt. He probably thinks it was a beat up too.

Noise

Coach
Eight million hectares of burnt bush land is not a beat up, its a f**king massive disaster. I believe the worlds biggest fire before now was 1m hectares during deliberate Amazon rain forest fire. This was 8 times bigger and covered entire continent. We showed the world what inaction with the climate will do. The world will burn and maybe then, just maybe, we'll do something about it, but only if Trump believes it which I doubt. He probably thinks it was a beat up too.
Lol the entire continent of Australia did not burn

T-Boon

Coach

I am at the point where I don’t believe the stories of loss of life of animals (the amount). Not fully at the point of it’s totally not true just I don’t believe it. Slight difference.

T-Boon

Coach
Like articles that say: we estimate 1 billion .... were killed and animal x is now endangered. I straight reject those stories now. Give me facts. Not estimates. They are hysterical.

TheRam

Coach
says who ?

Watmong didn't play but still got paid

He was insured against a career ending injury. This is a totally different thing. If the NRL doesn't continue with its competition then there is no employment for these players. They will need to take a hair cut on wages, depending on the amount of games that are cancelled or if it is a total shutdown, then they will get next to nothing.