What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reed is tough and a leader at just 22, the Broncos would love some of his toughness and leadership atm. Should we go broke re-signing him?? No but I think he deserves a decent upgrade on what he is on ATM. And with the new rule changes I think you will find him running more especially if the pack keep laying a good foundation.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bronco dollars have taken a beating in the markets in recent days. 1PD currently buys 4BD. Roosters and Canberra dollars are also in high demand.

Broncos aren't a very attractive proposition right now, I think we are pretty safe

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is Mahoney a must re-signing though? I like his aggression and for a little guy he’s a terrier. But really imo his running game is so far non existent, he’s not quick and his passing from the ruck is just passable.

Im not saying he’s a terrible player but there’s a reason we haven’t signed him and why other clubs haven’t been banging down the door to take him.

I’d love to see him run the ball more... sometimes their opportunities there and he doesn’t take them.
Why would you want him running the ball more if he's no good at it?

I agree he's not special, and probably never will be, but he's a first grader and only going to get better. I hope we re-sign him but if he leaves I'll assume he wanted too much.

In O"niel we trust

Reed is tough and a leader at just 22, the Broncos would love some of his toughness and leadership atm. Should we go broke re-signing him?? No but I think he deserves a decent upgrade on what he is on ATM. And with the new rule changes I think you will find him running more especially if the pack keep laying a good foundation.

I think we can stretch a bit for him, but you get value out players like him in their first contract. Depends how they rate Schneider or their chances of another hooker signing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Is Mahoney a must re-signing though? I like his aggression and for a little guy he’s a terrier. But really imo his running game is so far non existent, he’s not quick and his passing from the ruck is just passable.

Im not saying he’s a terrible player but there’s a reason we haven’t signed him and why other clubs haven’t been banging down the door to take him.

I’d love to see him run the ball more... sometimes their opportunities there and he doesn’t take them.

He is not in the top 5 hookers in game.
But considering his age he is around top 10 I would say.

hindy111

Post Whore
Reedy used to run from dummy half all the time in the 20s. He's put it on the shelf for the moment but no doubt as his nrl experience grows he start to use it more

Yes I remember. He also kicked a lot close to the line.
But I recall Tepai being an offload machine in 20s also.So it doesn't always translate. But I think Rheed is keeping it simple and I've noticed he kicks a lot more this season then previous years...