What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
When players say it’s up to their managers to sort out, they’re lying. It’s their f**ken career and life. They make the decisions. The managers just handle the details.

Is Mahoney a must re-signing though? I like his aggression and for a little guy he’s a terrier. But really imo his running game is so far non existent, he’s not quick and his passing from the ruck is just passable.

Im not saying he’s a terrible player but there’s a reason we haven’t signed him and why other clubs haven’t been banging down the door to take him.

I’d love to see him run the ball more... sometimes their opportunities there and he doesn’t take them.

Incorrect

Coach
Is Mahoney a must re-signing though? I like his aggression and for a little guy he’s a terrier. But really imo his running game is so far non existent, he’s not quick and his passing from the ruck is just passable.

Im not saying he’s a terrible player but there’s a reason we haven’t signed him and why other clubs haven’t been banging down the door to take him.

I’d love to see him run the ball more... sometimes their opportunities there and he doesn’t take them.
His ruck service is better than passable, it's very good IMO. The breadth of some of his passing from dummy half is a real asset. Running game could do with some work, I agree. But at the same time, he's playing in a team with potency across the park so there's not a huge need for him to overplay that part of his game right now and try to spark things, there's plenty of spark either side of the ruck that he chooses to pass...

84 Baby

Referee

Um ok... I’ll agree he doesn’t run, but his ruck passing is what has him in Origin contention IMO. That and his decision making. Plus I reckon him not running is a combination of energy conservation and because his passing is way more than passable.

Enakeel

Juniors

Are you drunk. He Gives nearly the best service from the deck in the whole comp. Cameron Smith has never been a notable runner of the ball. Best hooker to ever lie the boots. Not every hooker has got to run the ball. Mahoney obviously has been linked to a decision style making role more then a running roll..

Eelementary

Post Whore

I agree that he should utilise his running game more - but in his short career, we have already seen him take a run out of dummy-half, break the line, and set up a try, at least once.

I'd like for Mahoney to run the ball more, too - but for a fella in his second year of First Grade, and already in Origin discussions...well, I think he's coming along very nicely, indeed, imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mahoney is the best we’ve had in a long time. Shits on Peats on par with PJ Marsh at his peak.

I'm gonna be a little controversial, here, for a second - I rate Reed Mahoney higher than PJ Marsh at his peak.

PJ Marsh is a legend, but he benefited from an era where shoulder charges were still kind of acceptable.

Mahoney has to rely on defensive technique, and he is an absolute gun defender.

And that's not a knock on Marsh - I loved watching Marsh play.

Gronk

Staff member
I love Reedy too, but we might not be able to compete with $Bronco$. It's a shame that Kyle Schneider isn't even playing footy right now. I would have loved him playing a full season in reggies.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I love Reedy too, but we might not be able to compete with $Bronco$. It's a shame that Kyle Schneider isn't even playing footy right now. I would have loved him playing a full season in reggies.
Bronco dollars have taken a beating in the markets in recent days. 1PD currently buys 4BD. Roosters and Canberra dollars are also in high demand.