What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Theoretically that is what makes it legitimate. A player should be able to move clubs and the 3rd party sponsor should then come with him because it has nothing to do with the club.

If the sponsor immediately drops of the player, then the warning signs go up that the sponsor wasn't truly independent of the club.

its become a joke really, all clubs do it and its really not policed

I couldn't even tell you who replaced Schubert without looking it up as whom ever he is, he does nothing

Gronk

Staff member
They can eat a dick.

Why strengthen them? Let them scrape around for plebs like Jack f**king Hetherington

If you think outside the box, Bellyache was happy to give his spare hooker game time at the Tigers. Maybe regular games time for Salmon and Polar would be good for us ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They can eat a dick.

Why strengthen them? Let them scrape around for plebs like Jack f**king Hetherington

Salmon, but not so much Polar, could do with some game time which may help his development,

These are different times to that of what used to be normal (no state cup games) and I think all clubs helping to keep the NRL going is a good move.

If ever Salmon was gonna get a run it would have been this weekend.

Bazal

Post Whore
If you think outside the box, Bellyache was happy to give his spare hooker game time at the Tigers. Maybe regular games time for Salmon and Polar would be good for us ?

And maybe they get busted trying to impress in a shit side.

Not a fan. They can have Terepo but

emjaycee

Coach
Nearly all halves have their limitations in defense due to them having the biggest target on their backs by the opposition players.

The point is he is still equally, in my opinion(excluding Keary) the best half in the game at present. You may not like him for whatever reason, but the facts are the facts. I didn't say he was Thurston or Cronk. In fact the halves that are running around today are the worst batch overall that I have seen since I have been following RL.

The best ones aren't terrible, but there are no true superstar top of the shelf types at the moment. The best ones at present Keary included are just one shelf so to speak lower then the best ones of yesteryear.
Mate, I didn't say I didn't like him.
You stated that his defence was a key thing that separated him from Moses and I simply showed the latest defence stats that show his defence is worse this year than previously. As you said, the facts are the facts and sometimes they change over time.

strider

Post Whore
Theoretically that is what makes it legitimate. A player should be able to move clubs and the 3rd party sponsor should then come with him because it has nothing to do with the club.

If the sponsor immediately drops of the player, then the warning signs go up that the sponsor wasn't truly independent of the club.
But clubs shouldnt organise TPAs .... the roosters got MJ on the back of a nice Nike TPA - coincidentally, as soon as he left, the roosters got Teddy and suddenly Teddy was doing a million Nike ads

84 Baby

Referee
They can eat a dick.

If we’re worried Alvaro or Salmon strengthening them enough to worry us then surely they’d be getting more game time with us.
The issue I have is if they’re not contracted to us beyond this year, how does farming them out benefit us?
Reckon there should be a degree of cap concession for next year for any club loaning players to Warriors this year

Bazal

Post Whore
If we’re worried Alvaro or Salmon strengthening them enough to worry us then surely they’d be getting more game time with us.
The issue I have is if they’re not contracted to us beyond this year, how does farming them out benefit us?
Reckon there should be a degree of cap concession for next year for any club loaning players to Warriors this year

It's not about them worrying us. I'm against strengthening them with our players.

Alvaro and Salmon are better than plenty of their mob, and we might well need them.

84 Baby

Referee
It's not about them worrying us. I'm against strengthening them with our players.

Alvaro and Salmon are better than plenty of their mob, and we might well need them.
I don’t think we should strengthen them for the sake of it but if it’s the difference between Warriors in the comp or not at all then I’d be a bit put off if our club didn’t lend players on the basis of not wanting to give them our players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I didn't.

waving.gif
You're constantly saying we should sign all these fringe nuffies. Don't go crowing when one turns out to be a solid first grader.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cleary is a limited plodder, I doubt he has the skill set to take a side to a GF. He works better at Origin because he has so much talent around him and all he has to do is kick and tackle and little else.
They can eat a dick.

Hethrington will make the top 17.
Alvaro won't. He would at best be a top 21 each week like he is here.

hindy111

Post Whore
Having a disrupted pre-season has had a big effect on him. Don't forget Evans had a disrupted 2018 pre-season and was awful, 2 full pre-seasons and now most want to re-sign him.

He has talent. But is inconsistent. When your paying huge dollars for a player you want a 7/10 min and the odd 9 or 10

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So far he has been a poor signing and that is what I said.. And if we have 5yrs of it then it goes down as one of our worse. He would be on 500k.
His defense has been putrid. One game he has won us single handed. He has lost us a few now with poor defense.
His defence was fine until this year. In attack he is still scoring about a try every three games, much like his strike rate at Penrith, and in line with most NRL centres. Very few centres get much opportunity these days, and we attack more to our left side than our right.