What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I wouldn’t be surprised if him and the Donkeys have already parted ways and this is just some sort of way to try and save face for all parties.

84 Baby

Referee
I don't think so
Foran
Jackson
Zelezniak
Napa
Hoppa
Next year
Cotric
Plus they apparently offered an embarrassing contract to him so he's cracked it and looking elsewhere...I'd have no issue giving him the money Evans is on
Elliott would more be replacement for Nrown, who could is here next year anyway. Plus we already have a replacement for Nrown in Marata who’d be cheaper than Elliott

Glenneel

Bench
These middles are all contracted for next year:

Alvaro
Nrown
Campbell-Gillard
Kaufusi
Niukore
Paulo

These are contracted for 2022 as well (Hughes will be 21):

Campbell-Gillard
Kaufusi
Niukore
Paulo
Thought this year was Alvaro's last, didn't he exercise option in his favour for this year? If you're right could we give him to Warriors please, or Bazal?

TheRam

Coach
I don't think so
Foran
Jackson
Zelezniak
Napa
Hoppa
Next year
Cotric
Plus they apparently offered an embarrassing contract to him so he's cracked it and looking elsewhere...I'd have no issue giving him the money Evans is on

Well he was/is one of their highest paid players. It has been spoken about on the tele when discussing the Dogs salary issue.

If the Dogs are offering an embarrassing amount now for his next contract there is a good reason. As good a player as he is, he isn't worth the big bucks because he doesn't really bend the line or a metre eater. Yes great attitude out there on the field and a quality first grader with experience, but not a high salary worth player. On output he is worth $350-400 max.

I can't see the Dogs not offering him around that much, so I don't think we should be offering more. He isn't worth it.

84 Baby

Referee
If we're letting him go what are our plans for backup? Is it our 2 lanky props from our juniors or are we going after Pangai Jnr?
My guess is at the higher end we’re looking for Kaufusi to take that spot, hoping perhaps Stefano wants to stay with us for less money and then last resort looking at what’s left on market (or becomes available). Per Zero Tackle, the best prop available would be Tamou (he’d want too much for that role), as would Welch. Eisenhuth might be a closer fit or look less proppy at a Proctor or Asiata to provide a point of difference off bench

84 Baby

Referee
Well he was/is one of their highest paid players. It has been spoken about on the tele when discussing the Dogs salary issue.

If the Dogs are offering an embarrassing amount now for his next contract there is a good reason. As good a player as he is, he isn't worth the big bucks because he doesn't really bend the line or a metre eater. Yes great attitude out there on the field and a quality first grader with experience, but not a high salary worth player. On output he is worth $350-400 max.

I can't see the Dogs not offering him around that much, so I don't think we should be offering more. He isn't worth it.
He just needs to stick with Dogs until Jackson leaves. He’ll step straight into that role and similar (less Origin level money) contract

TheRam

Coach
Hey Ram
Do think we should start spreading ball more inside own half? I feel that game plan you scanned across would be perfect come finals. I hope BA received it.

How funny that 7yrs ago we talked about getting rid of soft forwards and needing tougher player and guys who can bust the line. Not these pillow like hard workers. And now we have some size and aggression we are performing like a contender.
Most mocked us. But hey we nailed it ram.

Yes I do. We are getting into the habit of one out footy a bit to much now. Also we need to do a lot more support play. At the moment only Gutho is consistently supporting our players at the line.

Against the Sharks on the weekend I noticed at least 2 times that Lane due to his size and power got his body slightly through the line and had is arm cocked waiting for a runner but there was nobody there. They were both high probability scoring opportunities that were missed again.

All I seem to be doing while watching our Eels play the last month or so is yell at the tele due to all the dumb things that they are doing or or the smart things that they aren't doing half the time.

As for our wish for big powerful and aggressive players, thank heaven we finally got them. The mediocrity lovers on this site were very painful to listen to a lot of the time. At least now they can see the difference in our team and maybe they may get it. But then again some like Pou will give you a song and dance and abacus explanation as to why all teams need pillow type players and that they are a necessary part of all teams.

But look at our top 17 now. Not a pillow amongst them. Even Stone is not considered a pillow type of player, he is brought on for his aggression and line speed in defense. If he doesn't work out and doesn't consistently meet those expectations I'm sure that we will find someone else that does. So yes little buddy it does feels great us both being right again, but then again we almost always are. Footy ain't that hard a gig to understand. Size generally matters.

Pillows are for the bedroom. Big powerful footballers are for the Parramatta Eels.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My guess is at the higher end we’re looking for Kaufusi to take that spot, hoping perhaps Stefano wants to stay with us for less money and then last resort looking at what’s left on market (or becomes available). Per Zero Tackle, the best prop available would be Tamou (he’d want too much for that role), as would Welch. Eisenhuth might be a closer fit or look less proppy at a Proctor or Asiata to provide a point of difference off bench
We have so much money tied up in middle forwards already I can't see us paying much for new ones. We already have five top 17 middles contracted for next year, as well as Alvaro for backup:

8. RCG
10. Paulo
13. Brown
16. Niukore
17. Kaufusi

18. Alvaro

If we bought another top 17 calibre middle we wouldn't be able to give him enough minutes to get our money's worth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes I do. We are getting into the habit of one out footy a bit to much now. Also we need to do a lot more support play. At the moment only Gutho is consistently supporting our players at the line.

Against the Sharks on the weekend I noticed at least 2 times that Lane due to his size and power got his body slightly through the line and had is arm cocked waiting for a runner but there was nobody there. They were both high probability scoring opportunities that were missed again.

All I seem to be doing while watching our Eels play the last month or so is yell at the tele due to all the dumb things that they are doing or or the smart things that they aren't doing half the time.

As for our wish for big powerful and aggressive players, thank heaven we finally got them. The mediocrity lovers on this site were very painful to listen to a lot of the time. At least now they can see the difference in our team and maybe they may get it. But then again some like Pou will give you a song and dance and abacus explanation as to why all teams need pillow type players and that they are a necessary part of all teams.

But look at our top 17 now. Not a pillow amongst them. Even Stone is not considered a pillow type of player, he is brought on for his aggression and line speed in defense. If he doesn't work out and doesn't consistently meet those expectations I'm sure that we will find someone else that does. So yes little buddy it does feels great us both being right again, but then again we almost always are. Footy ain't that hard a gig to understand. Size generally matters.

Pillows are for the bedroom. Big powerful footballers are for the Parramatta Eels.
You're crowing about us being better now that we have more expensive players? Or crowing that the rules have changed to suit the type of players we have? RCG did f**k all on massive overs the past couple of years but now he's suddenly a highly paid world beater. What a coincidence.

TheRam

Coach
You're crowing about us being better now that we have more expensive players? Or crowing that the rules have changed to suit the type of players we have? RCG did f**k all on massive overs the past couple of years but now he's suddenly a highly paid world beater. What a coincidence.

Good one king of spin. Hahahaha...no way you actually believe that dribble.

84 Baby

Referee
We have so much money tied up in middle forwards already I can't see us paying much for new ones. We already have five top 17 middles contracted for next year, as well as Alvaro for backup:

8. RCG
10. Paulo
13. Brown
16. Niukore
17. Kaufusi

18. Alvaro

If we bought another top 17 calibre middle we wouldn't be able to give him enough minutes to get our money's worth.
That’s what I f**ken said! But yeah a top line prop is out of the question (much to @hineyrulz chagrin). Eisenhuth might suit, or grabbing some experience/variety by spending a bit overs for a Proctor or Asiata would be my external targets. Otherwise Kaufusi better be f**ken good

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How about the table topping Panthers? Huge pack:

Kikau 119kg
Tamou 115kg
Leota 108kg
Yeo 106kg
Fisher-Harris 103kg
Martin 98kg

Their biggest forward doesn't even play in the middle. I would say fast forwards are more valuable than big ones under the current rules.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s what I f**ken said! But yeah a top line prop is out of the question (much to @hineyrulz chagrin). Eisenhuth might suit, or grabbing some experience/variety by spending a bit overs for a Proctor or Asiata would be my external targets. Otherwise Kaufusi better be f**ken good
Kaufusi will be lucky to get more than 30 minutes given the merkins in front of him.

Latest posts