What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Must admit I'm a little surprised at Evans. We've been pretty patient and only just started to get decent value.

I reckon the Kiwis valued him more than we did

I liked him as a depth player bet they may see him as more than that

84 Baby

Referee
Give him 12 mths. Players need time to adjust. Look how much Niakuore come on this season.
On Stefano, while he didn’t have a blinder the kid is only 20 with 3 games, give 3 years and 50 games first ...
But for the contract Tigers have him on, he/we can’t afford that time with us. He wants to stay, it has to be on our terms. Let someone else pay overs for development

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Avenger

Immortal

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pangai junior also wants out, would be a bit cheaper too I think, although he could be headed to the Dogggies

I think we need some one else while waiting for Hughes and/or Hollis to mature
These middles are all contracted for next year:

Alvaro
Nrown
Campbell-Gillard
Kaufusi
Niukore
Paulo

These are contracted for 2022 as well (Hughes will be 21):

Campbell-Gillard
Kaufusi
Niukore
Paulo

84 Baby

Referee
Id take Pangai if Paulo could teach him. I don’t think that’d be an effective teacher/student relationship though

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought his last game was quite good. And I've been critical of him.
He's obviously tall, and he's shown elite strength. But there's so much more required of a first grade middle forward. Apparently he's fast with a big motor, but he hasn't really had the opportunity to show it yet. I dare say he's been told to rein in the offloads until his head is fully in the game.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
Two men aged 18 and 22 are fighting for their lives after a brutal stabbing in the carpark after a junior rugby league match.

The two stab victims and another man were allegedly attacked after the Under-20s match between Wentworthville Magpies and Penrith Brothers this morning at the Old Saleyards Reserve with one Wenty player suffering stab wounds to his neck.

Internal NRL emails obtained by The Daily Telegraph say that initial reports were of a brawl at the conclusion of the match as the teams were leaving the ground.

“Further information from Penrith Junior League officials suggests that there was a fight in carpark after the game. It appears that two men may have stabbed three Wenty players,” one of the internal emails claims.

“Police are looking for the brother of one of the Penrith Brothers players.”

Police said several men fled the scene at the football grounds on Gladstone Street, North Parramatta before they arrived.

“Police have been told a physical altercation occurred at the conclusion of a rugby league match, where three men were stabbed,” police said in a statement.

The injured men were treated by paramedics before being taken to Westmead Hospital, where two are reported to be in a serious condition.

NSW Ambulance said they treated three men with stab wounds, including an 18-year-old who suffered a stab wound to his neck and a 22-year-old who was stabbed in his torso now in a critical condition.

“When we arrived at the scene it was very alarming — these were brutal attacks,” Inspector Nathan Sheraton, duty operations manager of NSW Ambulance said.

“Wounds like this can cause an extensive amount of damage and often we can see the extent of damage done — so it is very concerning whenever we are called to jobs like this.

“Our paramedics did an exceptional job in providing life-saving treatment for the patients.

“Unfortunately, we have two men who are in a critical condition and will continue to undergo treatment in hospital.”

Police and the NSWRL are investigating the incident, which occurred moments after the end of the match.

It is unknown just yet whether the alleged stabbings involved players from the game or spectators.

NSWRL chief executive David Trodden will hold a telephone hook-up with club officials at 3pm to extract more details of the drama.

The NSWRL is co-operating with a police investigation.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...t/news-story/5d302b90270874f88336b105a01d1ec0

————————————————

thoughts are with the Wenty boys, I hope they pull through