What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tooooks

Bench
I've seen nothing from the first 14 rounds of the season to suggest we will worry the Storm or the Roosters in the Finals if they're at full strength.

They need to have significant injuries to a large portion of their squad if we're any chance of winning the comp.

It's good timing we're playing the Storm next with their squad depleted. If we can't beat them next week with a depleted squad, you can write us off as any chance of getting close to them at full strength in the Finals.

On recent form we wouldn’t beat the current Roosters team with half their squad out. We won’t get close to Melbourne. I reckon they’ll give Smith another weeks rest whether he’s fit or not because they know they’ll lap us.

Tooooks

Bench
My issue is there are glaring problems that aren’t being addressed:
- right side defence combination
- non existent attack in opposition 20
- dumb decision making
- Sivo being a slow lazy merkin

Yep, nothing improves. We’ve actually gotten worse as the season has worn on. Same issues, same non existent attack, same defensive errors by the same players.

As much as I want BA to succeed, it seems from an outsider’s view that he and his staff are clueless as to how to fix these issues.

Glenneel

Bench
I've always liked Arthur, but that press conference made me like him more.

He came across to me as a man in control; he knows we have deficiencies, but he's not worried about them at this stage.

And the fact he knows about the deficiencies probably means he knows how to address them when the time comes.
Sorry, we've had 5-6 weeks of deficiencies with nothing fixed and our team playing worse each week. When we have a slump, which happens each season, BA is unable to fix within 1-2 games like the good coaches can. However this year our slump has gone on longer than usual except for 2018, that year he never fixed it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sorry, we've had 5-6 weeks of deficiencies with nothing fixed and our team playing worse each week. When we have a slump, which happens each season, BA is unable to fix within 1-2 games like the good coaches can. However this year our slump has gone on longer than usual except for 2018, that year he never fixed it.

How did Paul Green go arresting the Cowboys' slide?

How is McGuire going helping the Tigers?

It's not a matter of fixing things in 1 to 2 games; nobody can do that.

But I don't think Arthur has shown he can fox the issues we have with any amount of time.

IFR33K

Coach

But I don't think Arthur has shown he can fox the issues we have with any amount of time.

BA May be likable and is a decent coach. He’s been here 7 years and we’re still a middle of the road team. There’s basic issues with the team, he’s either overseeing it or scared to drop players. Our attack looks way off the pace, it wasn’t that great either last season. It was just masked up by a wonderful kicking game. When has there been a spread and fergo gets the ball? It’s seems he’s only in the team for a bash and barge hit up. Our hooker gets shoved out of the way numerous times by our captain to take a scoot. We are too predictable to be a threat

Delboy

First Grade
BA May be likable and is a decent coach. He’s been here 7 years and we’re still a middle of the road team. There’s basic issues with the team, he’s either overseeing it or scared to drop players. Our attack looks way off the pace, it wasn’t that great either last season. It was just masked up by a wonderful kicking game. When has there been a spread and fergo gets the ball? It’s seems he’s only in the team for a bash and barge hit up. Our hooker gets shoved out of the way numerous times by our captain to take a scoot. We are too predictable to be a threat
Same attack coach for past 7 years, Penrith changed theirs this year and bingo. Don’t expect BA to do everything, maybe the assistants need refreshing for a new voice and direction, sometimes the obvious isn’t always obvious.

Soto

Bench
I don't mind guth shoving reed out of the way because he never runs it..
Maybe if he did then we could do a one two punch with reed then guth following up.
But good reason Fergo isn't scoring. He only touches the ball from hitups. It seems that right side attack just doesn't know each other or can't run forward and pass. Complete opposite to the left side attack.
If we cant get Ado Carr i would be going hard after Alex Johnson.
Absolute flyer. Can cover Wing, fullback and centre if needed. We are lacking a genuine speedster

Eelementary

Post Whore

I don't disagree.

I'm just saying that the sort of issues we have are traditionally fixes which take some time.

However, I am not sure that Arthur has shown he is up to making those adjustments, even with time.

eels_fan

First Grade
I still think we can beat anyone on our day.

And I think our decades of mediocrity make losses in a year like this when we are actually playing pretty well, more heightened.

we sit 3rd, we deserve to sit 3rd. We are 2 wins ahead of the back to back champs and last years other grand finalist (assuming Canberra win today). You don’t achieve that by fluke.

we will likely finish the round 10 points ahead of 9th place.

I don’t think last years grand finalists’ fans are slitting their wrists as much as parra fans are, and they were expected to be higher up the ladder than us prior to season kickoff.

yep, we’ll likely lose next week.

And our efforts this year will mean that will still have us in 3rd place.

think we need to take a breath

Mr Parramatta

Juniors

They’ve both won comps at leading, agree with u regarding our coach, he finds it very tough getting this team out of slumps.

Eelementary

Post Whore

And I think our decades of mediocrity make losses in a year like this when we are actually playing pretty well, more heightened.

we sit 3rd, we deserve to sit 3rd. We are 2 wins ahead of the back to back champs and last years other grand finalist (assuming Canberra win today). You don’t achieve that by fluke.

I don’t think last years grand finalists’ fans are slitting their wrists as much as parra fans are, and they were expected to be higher up the ladder than us prior to season kickoff.

Last year's Grand Finalists have suffered way more than us, though:

* the Roosters are missing Daniel Tupou, Kyle Flanagan, JWH, Boyd Cordner

* the Raiders are missing Josh Hodgson, Sia Soliola, Corey Horsburgh, Bailey Simonsson (he seemed to be first choice for a while).

We have been at full strength for at least three or four weeks now, and have still been plodding along, serving up rubbish.

IFR33K

Coach
Same attack coach for past 7 years, Penrith changed theirs this year and bingo. Don’t expect BA to do everything, maybe the assistants need refreshing for a new voice and direction, sometimes the obvious isn’t always obvious.

The buck stops with BA not his assistants. Us being third is a misrepresentation of where we’re really at. The issues are showing now but the cracks were evident weeks ago. We’re clueless In the opposition 20, and it’s there for all to see. The disappointing things is he’s really assembled a great squad.

eels_fan

First Grade

* the Raiders are missing Josh Hodgson, Sia Soliola, Corey Horsburgh, Bailey Simonsson (he seemed to be first choice for a while).

We have been at full strength for at least three or four weeks now, and have still been plodding along, serving up rubbish.

but those grand finalists, even taking into account their injuries, still have a cohesive team with more internationals/reps and experience in key positions than us.

Dibs

Bench

Hold up. Your point about their injuries is right but you can’t include Flanagan, he is available for selection

Mr Parramatta

Juniors

U still happy with our wingers??