What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree with you guys' sentiment but I suspect you'd be better off sending letters to media outlets, maybe even those wankers on NRL 360. The NRL are likely to send you a polite reply and do nothing, but the media like controversy and might shame them into doing something.

Mate, that is a brilliant idea - I will do just that.

I don’t want to harp on about it, but it's disgusting that he could have broken Niukore's neck, and all he gets is a $750 fine...

IFR33K

Coach
I'd just be happy to know why Nathan Brown clips a falling Radley from behind and gets 2 weeks while NAS lines up a player front on, clenches his fist, and shoulder charges a player in the head and that's $750

That’s a legitimate question. Unfortunately there’ll always be inconsistencies

emjaycee

Coach
I sent the NRL an angry-worded, but polite letter, expressing my disgust at the fact that Nelson Asofa-Solomona could have just as easily crippled and/or killed Niukore, and all his punishment is, is a sin-binning, and a measly fine.

I'm sure the NRL couldn't care less about one blithering idiot emailing them about how unhappy they are - but if other people join the fight....

Asofa-Solomona should have being suspended for at least 1 match. It's disgraceful behaviour.
I took a different approach in my email to the NRL.

In recent weeks, Mr Annesly has openly spoken about errors made by the referees and/or bunker in regard to onfield instances, and on numerous occasions during his Monday operational briefing with the media, he has identified certain instances where he believes the game day officials (onfield or bunker) have made an error.

Given that in the Eels v Storm game in Round 15, there were 2 penalties awarded to Parramatta for "crusher" tackles, and both were subsequently determined by the MRC to not be "crusher" tackles, is Mr Annesley able to explain on Monday the errors made by the game day officials in both of these examples please?

In my opinion, this is no different to when Mr Annesley determines that an onfield decision was incorrect and publically explains why.

I look forward to seeing these 2 matters explained as errors during Monday's review.

If Annesley can decide that missing a forward pass was an error by the ref (or whatever), surely he can explain how penalising a side for a crusher tackle that was later determined not to be one is also an error by the ref?

eels_fan

First Grade
Calling Gronky.
Theres a story on line behind a pay wall that Bevan French is coming home. Get on it dude.
Ffs.

The Sunday Telegraph has learned French, the former Eels flyer, has knocked back a contract offer from Wigan for 2021, to instead embark on a comeback mission in the NRL.

He is yet to secure an NRL contract, but will attract interest as a genuine attacking threat.

A brilliant mover, French has been widely tipped to win the prestigious Man of Steel Award. He has been starting at five-eighth in front of former NRL player Jackson Hastings.

Former Souths prop George Burgess is also at Wigan.

French, 24, leads the English Super League for tackle busts (54) and is currently second in the premiership for tries scored (7).

Coach Adrian Lam has used French at both five-eighth, fullback and wing — where he predominantly played for Parramatta.

He moved to the UK after 47 appearances with the Eels, his last NRL match being in 2018.

Wigan offered French an upgrade and extension on his current contract for next season.

But he has formally rejected the offer with management granting the flyer an opportunity to reboot his career in the NRL.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/1db629dec84926779917c4e6e4b8be55

Gazzamatta

Coach
The Sunday Telegraph has learned French, the former Eels flyer, has knocked back a contract offer from Wigan for 2021, to instead embark on a comeback mission in the NRL.

He is yet to secure an NRL contract, but will attract interest as a genuine attacking threat.

A brilliant mover, French has been widely tipped to win the prestigious Man of Steel Award. He has been starting at five-eighth in front of former NRL player Jackson Hastings.

French, 24, leads the English Super League for tackle busts (54) and is currently second in the premiership for tries scored (7).

Coach Adrian Lam has used French at both five-eighth, fullback and wing — where he predominantly played for Parramatta.

He moved to the UK after 47 appearances with the Eels, his last NRL match being in 2018.

Wigan offered French an upgrade and extension on his current contract for next season.

But he has formally rejected the offer with management granting the flyer an opportunity to reboot his career in the NRL.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/1db629dec84926779917c4e6e4b8be55
Cheers EF.

emjaycee

Coach

Does the set restart rule in the NRL now make it easier for a smaller player such as French to succeed?

Soto

Bench
Does the set restart rule in the NRL now make it easier for a smaller player such as French to succeed?
Yes...and surely someone like French 10 mins before halftime and fulltime would be an exciting entry into a match with tired and retreating defences

Eelogical

Referee
Yes...and surely someone like French 10 mins before halftime and fulltime would be an exciting entry into a match with tired and retreating defences
Set restarts are becoming less common. They were all the rage a few weeks ago but coaches have seemingly adjusted their tactics to counteract them, even though they didn't know why their teams were penalised in the first place. As far as French is concerned, stay away from Parra.

Soto

Bench
Set restarts are becoming less common. They were all the rage a few weeks ago but coaches have seemingly adjusted their tactics to counteract them, even though they didn't know why their teams were penalised in the first place. As far as French is concerned, stay away from Parra.
Set restarts don't happen if the game is tight.
Refs definitely put the whistle away. Still be handy to have a whippet who can run at tired defences.

Eelogical

Referee
People change...
Maturity, experience, reflection
So, you'd be happy to have him back? He had his chance. I'd rather look towards our Centre of Excellence out Kellyville way. I assume the excellence will be forthcoming soon enough.