What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Bevan French isn’t coming back from the ESL to be a backup and get maybe 1 - 2 games a year. He will go to the Dogs, Titans, Warriors or Tigers.

I doubt at this stage that Maguire would want another defensive lightweight in his side.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It's as likely as any other take on what happened. Do you have the facts or are you just assuming?

you're the one making the statement, I dont need facts to question your unsubstantiated allegations

so now you are saying its just likely ? big U turn there

Eelementary

Post Whore
I always liked Bevan French

His attitude when he was moved to the wing was a little disappointing, but try to remember that he was very young in his career.

From everything I have seen of him in the ESL, and all reports, he has matured - both personally, and professionally -, and at only 24, he has plenty to offer the NRL.

I see him as a fullback, or 5/8, and unfortunately, we have both those positions covered quite handily, so I doubt he would return to the Eels.

But he is an exciting player to watch, and would thrive under the new rules, imo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
you're the one making the statement, I dont need facts to question your unsubstantiated allegations

so now you are saying its just likely ? big U turn there
When did I ever say I was a mind reader? Don't carry on like a smartarse. You knew what I meant. f**king pedant.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
When did I ever say I was a mind reader? Don't carry on like a smartarse. You knew what I meant. f**king pedant.

yeh I knew what you meant, exactly what you posted, but now its just as likely as any other take

big back peddle there Pou

Eelementary

Post Whore

I think you're right, mate - I'm 180cm, and I went to a Members' training session a few years back, and was standing next to him - I would say he was at least as tall as me, if not a centimetre taller.

hindy111

Post Whore
But Hindy111 says we need blistering speed and that we haven't produced a decent outside back since Hayne, unlike the Panthers. Wouldn't French address both of these issues?

Name a good back bar Hayne 14yrs ago and Semi 8yrs ago...

Penrith have unleashed Too,Naden,Crichton,Staines in last 12mths and Edwards, DWZ, Blake in last 5yrs.

These are facts.

Bevan was touted a superstar. I still think he had a NRL quality but his position is fullback.

hindy111

Post Whore
It's embarrasing a club our size can't bring a back in the side of any quality atleast every 2 or 3 yrs.

In last 12yrs

Ryan Morgan,K.Sio, Cheyse Blair,VaiToutai,Wiliame, SEMI, Farimo,Falou, French,Davis, Parry.....

So a heap of NSW cup quality back ups. And a superstar.... Take out Semi and that list is embarrasing. Not one guy capable of 10yrs in the NRL. A few back up level players at best.

It's embarrasing a club our size can't bring a back in the side of any quality atleast every 2 or 3 yrs.

In last 12yrs

Ryan Morgan,K.Sio, Cheyse Blair,VaiToutai,Wiliame, SEMI, Farimo,Falou, French,Davis, Parry.....

So a heap of NSW cup quality back ups. And a superstar.... Take out Semi and that list is embarrasing. Not one guy capable of 10yrs in the NRL. A few back up level players at best.
I think Blair was a Chook. And to be fair I don't think many people wanted to share a dressing room with Morgs. Not good for the ego.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

In last 12yrs

We haven't had very good junior recruitment, and our local area is driving distance from every other club so retention faces a lot of competition.

And you've left out Tupou and Taufua.

hindy111

Post Whore
We haven't had very good junior recruitment, and our local area is driving distance from every other club so retention faces a lot of competition.

And you've left out Tupou and Taufua.

Tafua must be a while ago. Neither played a game for club.
We have developed forwards and other positions but for some reason struggled in backs.

strider

Post Whore
Name a good back bar Hayne 14yrs ago and Semi 8yrs ago...

Penrith have unleashed Too,Naden,Crichton,Staines in last 12mths and Edwards, DWZ, Blake in last 5yrs.

These are facts.

Bevan was touted a superstar. I still think he had a NRL quality but his position is fullback.
They are all about 12 months into their careers ... Kristnan Inu was probably better than all of em 12 months in .... they will want to hope they dont go the same way

hindy111

Post Whore
They are all about 12 months into their careers ... Kristnan Inu was probably better than all of em 12 months in .... they will want to hope they dont go the same way

Look at Sharks or Knights also. Every other club tbh. Most have backs who come via the system.

Latest posts