What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah, never bothered to look, but would have guessed him to be late 20's

He wants to play edge forward though, and would likely want decent coin. He'd be an okay pick up as a cheapie project, but not at full freight.

Glenneel

Bench
What are these advantages you speak of, like they are universally acknowledged by everyone except me ?
No but you're not willing to accept that moving Gutho to another position to put another person in his place with more speed might advantage the team. The common denominator of the really good teams is they have fast fullbacks. In fact our back three are probably the slowest of all the teams in the top 8. That is a huge weakness to overcome, and unless we do, imo we'll always struggle to be that top team always with a chance to win the premiership. But that is my opinion and something that may improve the team. Do you have any suggestions to improve the team?

T-Boon

Coach
No but you're not willing to accept that moving Gutho to another position to put another person in his place with more speed might advantage the team. The common denominator of the really good teams is they have fast fullbacks. In fact our back three are probably the slowest of all the teams in the top 8. That is a huge weakness to overcome, and unless we do, imo we'll always struggle to be that top team always with a chance to win the premiership. But that is my opinion and something that may improve the team. Do you have any suggestions to improve the team?

We should buy French back and loan him to Storm for a year so that can develop him into a star and then bring him back and win premierships.

Glenneel

Bench
That would work if Sivo promises to go looking for the ball like Semi did. This year he just kept his width like he wasn’t permitted in the middle.
This year Sivo was so close at times he was almost in Jennings pocket, and at times came in to help Jennings who didn't need help, thus giving his opposite a saloon passage to the try line. Why hasn't this been fixed, along with Blake?

If I had my way I'd put Blake into reserves next year until he learns to defend. If he can't, and I suspect he won't, I'd ship him off. The Tigers would love to have him.

T-Boon

Coach
We definitely have the need for speed.
Does anyone think Dylan Brown is as fast as is made out (I don't). If he is he could make the shift to fullback. His skillset is not good for a half (ordinary passer and bad long kicker).

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
They mentioned on NRL360 that the Broncos will be trying to shed plenty of their higher paid players and offering to chip in to make it happen.

Would we be interested in any? Staggs and Haas are the only ones I’d take.

Jack Bird on a steal (after a medical check), offer $250k. Bird Cente, Blake to wing, Jennings switches to Fergo side. Sivo to NSW cup.

Bird is good attacker, but also aggressive and think he will go good in our defensive structure.

Gronk

Staff member
But that is my opinion and something that may improve the team. Do you have any suggestions to improve the team?
The weaknesses in our team this year have been our wingers, Waqa and the disruption to our spine due to injuries. We have an amazing young spine that have so much upside.

Fix the wingers by giving them more space and clean ball and get them back to making good yardage early in the set. Waqu needs intensive defence tutoring and needs to trust his winger. Fergo visa versa with Waqa.

In the meantime Jennings should definitely play the rest of the season on the right. Waqa on the wing

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I read that Kevvie wants Bird to stay. Lodge is first on his hit list. It's a shame he is such a merkin, I think a player of his calibre could do well with us.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I also keep hearing lazy merkins in the media referring to Papenh. as a Parra junior. I don't think this is totally true. Does anyone know the truth of the matter?

Latest posts