What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Who gives a f**k where papenhausen played. Maybe under another coach he would have become another Bevan French. Nothing is guaranteed. Look I don't mind ba as he's a coach that players obviously love playing for giving us the advantage of new players signing, but we are in dire need of a new development policy as we have almost f**k all in Junior development or identification and nurturing of other young talent in the past 8 years
Dude, wasn't this highlighted in our recent review ?

Delboy

First Grade
Who gives a f**k where papenhausen played. Maybe under another coach he would have become another Bevan French. Nothing is guaranteed. Look I don't mind ba as he's a coach that players obviously love playing for giving us the advantage of new players signing, but we are in dire need of a new development policy as we have almost f**k all in Junior development or identification and nurturing of other young talent in the past 8 years
I’ll give you a hint, when Brian Smith left, the whole junior development pathways and Development programme was basically ignored despite lip service. Once the handbrake DA departed, then BA and Fieldsy were able to restart the recruitment and development pathways. 4 years ago it started at Harold Matthews level , local juniors and outside recruits like Hollis, Hughes , Biondi-Odo and Duggan , they are now on the edge of selection ( Biondi-Odo took the cash on offer at the Dogs ) .
Despite your obvious opinion,it takes 4/5 years at least to build from the bottom up, we have a number of decent backs coming through, yes we are behind Penrith but it’s definitely on the improve after being put on the back shelf for 5/6 years.

Avenger

Immortal
I’ll give you a hint, when Brian Smith left, the whole junior development pathways and Development programme was basically ignored despite lip service. Once the handbrake DA departed, then BA and Fieldsy were able to restart the recruitment and development pathways. 4 years ago it started at Harold Matthews level , local juniors and outside recruits like Hollis, Hughes , Biondi-Odo and Duggan , they are now on the edge of selection ( Biondi-Odo took the cash on offer at the Dogs ) .
Despite your obvious opinion,it takes 4/5 years at least to build from the bottom up, we have a number of decent backs coming through, yes we are behind Penrith but it’s definitely on the improve after being put on the back shelf for 5/6 years.
Didn’t Daniel Anderson find Dylan Brown?

Delboy

First Grade
Didn’t Daniel Anderson find Dylan Brown?
No, Fieldsy went to NZ and signed him, he still finds it strange that credit is accepted by someone who wasn’t heavily involved.
In fact from memory, DA was football manager and was going to return Dylan to NZ until he was told in no uncertain terms He would be signed by either NZ union or a number of clubs. DA was no help in reality to junior development

Glenneel

Bench
Re Papenhuyzen, I just went through my mail archives cause I remember his name was being mentioned by some bloke's in the footy tipping comp I've been in for years. Back in 2016, one of the members of the tipping comp who is related to Papenhuyzen flagged with someone who was a member of the Parra coaching staff who he knew that he thought he was worth looking at. Word is BA thought he was too small.

He's pretty small now, can only imagine what he looked like at age 17... Bottom line, he was never part of Parra's set up, but was picked up by the Tigers shortly after.
If you think our junior retention is bad you should look at the Tigers. They have good players scattered throughout the NRL while they're a basket case. Addo-Carr is the prime example, they couldn't see any advantage in him and meekly let him go to Storm. And regarding small players, what is it with Parra that we seem to automatically reject a player because he is small? That's come back to bite us a few times.

Angry_eel

First Grade
If you think our junior retention is bad you should look at the Tigers. They have good players scattered throughout the NRL while they're a basket case. Addo-Carr is the prime example, they couldn't see any advantage in him and meekly let him go to Storm. And regarding small players, what is it with Parra that we seem to automatically reject a player because he is small? That's come back to bite us a few times.
Who did we reject other than French?

Latest posts