What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
Paps and Keary both went to Oakhill because they are a strong Union school.
Papalphabet played touch in the area but last time I looked, touch football wasn't a pathway to the NRL.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Paps and Keary both went to Oakhill because they are a strong Union school.
Papalphabet played touch in the area but last time I looked, touch football wasn't a pathway to the NRL.

I thought they brought touch under the one banner a few years back. If under the banner then obviously a pathway to the NRL. Shows how much you know sir MJC.

emjaycee

Coach
I thought they brought touch under the one banner a few years back. If under the banner then obviously a pathway to the NRL. Shows how much you know sir MJC.
As if someone who cannot prove they can tackle is going to make it in the NRL.
Might be under the one banner, but name me a player who has only played touch and then played NRL.
Pathway my ass!!!

Incorrect

Coach
Re Papenhuyzen, I just went through my mail archives cause I remember his name was being mentioned by some bloke's in the footy tipping comp I've been in for years. Back in 2016, one of the members of the tipping comp who is related to Papenhuyzen flagged with someone who was a member of the Parra coaching staff who he knew that he thought he was worth looking at. Word is BA thought he was too small.

He's pretty small now, can only imagine what he looked like at age 17... Bottom line, he was never part of Parra's set up, but was picked up by the Tigers shortly after.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I knew of him in the juniors, I am pretty sure he went to school somewhere in our district. Oakhill or somewhere.
Edit: just looked up Wiki he grew up in Kellyville and went to Oakhill.
Drown and Mahoney grew up in NZ and Queensland, respectively. Are they no longer Eels juniors? I don't give a f**k where they grew up. If they came through our system they're ours and if they didn't (but lived nearby) they're not.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Re Papenhuyzen, I just went through my mail archives cause I remember his name was being mentioned by some bloke's in the footy tipping comp I've been in for years. Back in 2016, one of the members of the tipping comp who is related to Papenhuyzen flagged with someone who was a member of the Parra coaching staff who he knew that he thought he was worth looking at. Word is BA thought he was too small.

He's pretty small now, can only imagine what he looked like at age 17... Bottom line, he was never part of Parra's set up, but was picked up by the Tigers shortly after.
Even on Saturday he was getting monstered by Mitch Moses. How many players have that distinction?

84 Baby

Referee
Drown and Mahoney grew up in NZ and Queensland, respectively. Are they no longer Eels juniors? I don't give a f**k where they grew up. If they came through our system they're ours and if they didn't (but lived nearby) they're not.
Kiwis are real shit at retaining juniors

Gronk

Staff member
Papalphabet was definitely in the West Tigers system since 14's and played for Dundas Shamrocks which are a feeder team for the Wests tigers.

T-Boon

Coach

If the topic being discussed is whether he can be added to a list of Parra Eels making bad judgement then I am disagreeing with you. Like did he trial/want in to our HM and miss out? He was a star junior pretty early. I think it could be relevant to our system producing the wrong type of players.
Edit: I did not see Gronk's post above. LOL at Tigers.

chiefy1

Bench
Who gives a f**k where papenhausen played. Maybe under another coach he would have become another Bevan French. Nothing is guaranteed. Look I don't mind ba as he's a coach that players obviously love playing for giving us the advantage of new players signing, but we are in dire need of a new development policy as we have almost f**k all in Junior development or identification and nurturing of other young talent in the past 8 years

hineyrulz

Post Whore

So you are saying BA never spoke to him??? Well colour me shocked!!

Last edited:

Latest posts