What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I didn't say we should sign him. But he would make a great addition to any roster at the right price of course.

But I repeat, you said he was a plodder. His performances in a abysmal team this year are hardly plodder stats. I consider a player like Josh Jackson as a plodder that so many commentators wax lyrical about.

Like I said, you need to watch much, much more carefully my friend, friend, friend.
I just think it’s funny you have been critical of a bloke like Alvaro while praising Paddy Stats padding Cardigan.

Glenneel

Bench
Should have made him an offer that he couldn't refuse ?

Didn't you criticise me for suggesting we sign him?

Actually never thought it would happen, BA is a pick and stick guy, wouldn't want to upset the current squad. Doubt we'll ever win a premiership with that attitude, you have to be ruthless. Our lack of genuine speed is our Achilles heal.

Glenneel

Bench
Interesting:

Gutho must have had a huge tail win to record that speed, he doesn't look very fast at all. Doubt he'd even be close to Papen in a sprint.

Delboy

First Grade
Interesting article by Greg Alexander this morning, said that BAs record on finals is not much to do with his coaching, it’s mainly due to the players that should step up in big games, not doing so.

Yes, he is generally a flog when commenting on Parra, but was fairly measured in what the issue was.

Avenger

Immortal
Interesting article by Greg Alexander this morning, said that BAs record on finals is not much to do with his coaching, it’s mainly due to the players that should step up in big games, not doing so.

Yes, he is generally a flog when commenting on Parra, but was fairly measured in what the issue was.
Isn’t it however the coach’s responsibility to have them ‘up’ for the big games ? That’s why in the English Premier League they call them Managers rather than coaches.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Isn’t however the coach’s responsibility to have them ‘up’ for the big games ? That’s why in the English Premier League they call them Managers rather than coaches.
Perhaps, in a sense though and I see it in Div 1 junior league and probably you see it in soccer, you can train them all you like with game plans,details and fitness- then on the day it’s up to them to do it.
If your best players are not executing, then you’re stuffed.
Not saying that’s what it’s all about, but the finals bring a different level and that’s the difference. Thurston is a prime example of lifting in finals. Much as I don’t rate him,Cleary isn’t overawed in big games, much like Keary and Munster.

emjaycee

Coach

Alexander preparing to cover Ivan's ass the same way next week perhaps?

yy_cheng

Coach

He seemed to me pro Parra against the storm

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He's coached in five finals and in only one of them the team didn't step up. Three of those five were against the Melbourne Storm. The other loss was against the 2017 Cowboys who also beat the defending premiers and the Roosters in that finals series.

eels_fan

First Grade
In finals we’ve gone into as favourites we’ve won 1 from 2 (won broncos last year, lost to cowboys in 17).

The other 3 finals games have been against the storm as we’ve been heavy underdogs and in 2 of those 3 we were competitive and could have won had a few opportunities been taken or injuries not occurred.

I wouldn’t say BA is a finals failure, i’d say we’re unlucky we keep bloody running into Melbourne every time. The results again then have fallen the way most have expected, it’s not like we are favourites and choking

Latest posts