What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
According to the DT Crighton is holding out to see what he may be offered after Nov 1. Penrith been trying to lock him down for 8 weeks without luck.

I’d offer him whatever he wanted. Rep player for the next decade plus

Soto

Bench
According to the DT Crighton is holding out to see what he may be offered after Nov 1. Penrith been trying to lock him down for 8 weeks without luck.

I’d offer him whatever he wanted. Rep player for the next decade plus
And get his cousin Angus whilst we're at it :yum:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone else think that Gutherson could follow many other top shelf fullbacks and become a 6?

one of Gutho's strengths is his back up play and @ fullback he can cover middle and both sides, its not something a number 6 normally does as they generally play one side and I think if he played @ 6 he would lose the ability to play one of his game strengths

I hope he stays at FB

Chipmunk

Coach
As if someone who cannot prove they can tackle is going to make it in the NRL.
Might be under the one banner, but name me a player who has only played touch and then played NRL.
Pathway my ass!!!

Benji Marshall, Shaun Johnson and Matt Moylan spring to mind.

Chipmunk

Coach
He's coached in five finals and in only one of them the team didn't step up. Three of those five were against the Melbourne Storm. The other loss was against the 2017 Cowboys who also beat the defending premiers and the Roosters in that finals series.

His only win though was against a mob who has won only three games since. Not sure they were going that well at the time.

Gronk

Staff member
Kevvie is boning ..

Matt Lodge, Joe Ofahengaue and Jack Bird.

Despite having four years remaining on his contract Lodge is drawing interest from the New Zealand Warriors and the newspaper reports Walters wants a full medical report on the forward’s battered body before deciding where his future lies.

Ofahengaue has reportedly caught the eye of St George-Illawarra while the Broncos will hand Bird over to any club willing to pay the bulk of his near $1 million salary.

ut the squad slashing might not stop there. Halfback Brodie Croft and captain Alex Glenn will also be discussed, while off-contract quartet Jordan Kahu, Sean O’Sullivan, Richie Kennar and Issac Luke are likely to be punted.

Glenneel

Bench
I keep getting an advertisement for:
'Undies delivered monthly for only $20'
F#ck it. I reckon I'm gunna give it a go.
A months supply of edible undies. The woman, or bloke, to be wearing them when delivered is an optional extra.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Kevvie is boning ..

Despite having four years remaining on his contract Lodge is drawing interest from the New Zealand Warriors and the newspaper reports Walters wants a full medical report on the forward’s battered body before deciding where his future lies.

Ofahengaue has reportedly caught the eye of St George-Illawarra while the Broncos will hand Bird over to any club willing to pay the bulk of his near $1 million salary.

ut the squad slashing might not stop there. Halfback Brodie Croft and captain Alex Glenn will also be discussed, while off-contract quartet Jordan Kahu, Sean O’Sullivan, Richie Kennar and Issac Luke are likely to be punted.

Wouldn’t be too keen on any of them. Joe O perhaps. Croft as a back up to Moses if he accepted bottom dollar. Be surprised if he gets a starting gig elsewhere.

Glenneel

Bench
Kevvie is boning ..

Based on that Brisbane will be keeping Bird. No team would be stupid enough to take him at any more than about $200-250k based on his recent medical history. At that price might be worth a short term punt by Parramatta as a centre. None of the other potential discards are worth a punt imo.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
So given there is still no agreement on what cut, if any, there will be to the salary cap next year, Broncos might be pushing shit uphill to unload some of those high income failures.

Latest posts