What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
SO

1. French/Guth
2. Semi
3. Jenko
4. Taka
5. Hoffman/Arvard
6. Norman
7. Hunt/Guth

So potentially, french or taka misses out.

Seems weird signing Arvard after just signing hoffman. Can Hoff play 9?
With all these outside backs I've a strong feeling Radradra has played his last game for us.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon he would be signed as a back up on a second tier contract. Its not like clubs are knocking on his door due to his past f**k ups.

While he is a dickhead, purely in a footy sense it's probably a good more. We will have two top 13 centres as back ups. A good position to be in.

Clearly BA sees experienced centres are so important to our defensive structure and doesnt want to have to use back rowers again.

It's a signing that the telecrap and Pkent will love anyway, gives them another month of writing how poorly run our club is.

phantom eel

First Grade
Definitely sounds like we are planning for a Semi-free future...

Do we really need the allegedly-domestic assaulting, allegedly always unhappy with his contract, allegedly refusing to returning from Fiji and f**king us around drama in 2017 anyway?

Avenger

Immortal
Definitely sounds like we are planning for a Semi-free future...

Do we really need the allegedly-domestic assaulting, allegedly always unhappy with his contract, allegedly refusing to returning from Fiji and f**king us around drama in 2017 anyway?
But it's ok to replace him with a convicted woman beater and drug user with an even poorer attitude?

eels_fan

First Grade
No idea why we would want that merkin.

We're The one club in the NRL with a domestic violence program and we are signing a convicted woman basher?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Using your own argument, why would we let him go if we have him on unders for 2017?
Obviously that's the reason not to let him go. Reasons to let him go include wanting his influence out of the club, or concern over his availability after his day in court. And as already said, it might be a condition of the Broncos releasing a player we need.

Avenger

Immortal
I get the logic but I don't think it's on the cards. I'd still wait until mid 2017 before deciding whether we need a new half. Plus there has never been more available for 2018. No need to rush.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I get the logic but I don't think it's on the cards. I'd still wait until mid 2017 before deciding whether we need a new half. Plus there has never been more available for 2018. No need to rush.
I reckon Ben Hunt is probably the closest on field comparison to Foran, who was almost perfect for us. Hunt isn't as good as Foran, but he is good, and he would be in our price range. We're not after a $300k half or a $1.2M half. We want someone in between, who defends well and has an NRL level kicking game. If he's available now we're probably better off taking him, even if it costs us our best outside back.

caylo

Bench
I reckon Ben Hunt is probably the closest on field comparison to Foran, who was almost perfect for us. Hunt isn't as good as Foran, but he is good, and he would be in our price range. We're not after a $300k half or a $1.2M half. We want someone in between, who defends well and has an NRL level kicking game. If he's available now we're probably better off taking him, even if it costs us our best outside back.
Hunts running, passing and kicking game are all superior but his defence and leadership are not. Foran is one of the toughest player once he crossed that white line similar to a cam Smith, he makes the players around him better just by his presence and his expectations.
Hunt is a genuine all round playmaker and he is better then DCE or Morgan so I would expect him to be a QLD half soon enough. I doubt we'll get him unless bennet has a serious replacement.

yy_cheng

Coach
Our Spine is probably the cheapest in the comp at this point in time

1. Bevo ($80k)
6. Gutho ($125k)
7. Norman ($800k)
9. IDG ($250k)

My guess as to what they are on are in brackets. So a $1.255M spine.

I too would wait for end of 2017 and try and snare one of the big ones off contract.

If we don't take Hunt, he probably stays at the broncs as he still has a contract.

If we don't get a better half for 2018, Hunt might still be available.

We should sure up who we have and want to keep with the 2017 cap and then go after a big name with the 2018 cap.

You have the following spine players off contract : Hunt, Milf, Barba, Bird, Holmes (maybe fullback), Tom Trbojevic, Shaun Johnson, Jason Taumalolo (not a spine but worth considering), Johnathan Thurston, Adam Reynolds, Dugan, Widdop, Mitchell Pearce, Tadesco, Brooks, Moses

Last edited: