What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
#1 ... i have always been amazed that people who firmly believe god/heaven/hell/the holy goat/etc is total horse shit get so offended if someone says you are going to hell .... why be offended by something you think is fake rubbish?

#2 ... he said i'm going to hell too .... there were about 10 things on his list and ive done about half of em .... seems most of us are going to hell ..... pfffft, see you all there for a beer

hindy111

Post Whore
#1 ... i have always been amazed that people who firmly believe god/heaven/hell/the holy goat/etc is total horse shit get so offended if someone says you are going to hell .... why be offended by something you think is fake rubbish?

#2 ... he said i'm going to hell too .... there were about 10 things on his list and ive done about half of em .... seems most of us are going to hell ..... pfffft, see you all there for a beer

Did you covet the neighbours wife?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You must have been out of the country when the LGBTQ community amped up over his “teachings” during the SSM non-binding vote and his innumerous tweets and instagrams detailing what special treatment the sinners get.

Infer his guilt? So in the absence of a complaint to ADNSW he didn’t offend, incite hatred etc ? On the balance of probability I’d say hell yeah he did.
The LBGTQ community or LBGT activists? I’d be very careful in conflating the two.

He’s entitled to say what he said. I think it was a stupid thing to say but you can’t stop people saying stupid things just because you don’t agree with them.

The irony is that some people who argue that it’s ‘vilification’, ‘inciting hatred’ etc. are very quick to dismiss groups of people when it suits them (e.g. Catholics). One should be careful what they wish for when seeking to limit free speech!

As for the NRL, if a club weighs it up and decides to sign him they do so with an awareness of the reputation risk it carries. The NRL shouldn’t step in stop a club from making that decision when he hasn’t broken any laws (real or imagined).

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree. I hate sports people playing politics and pushing their cause, no matter what it is. I just want to see the dopey shits kick, run, throw, tackle, surf, dribble, pass etc.
I’d even be happier if we didn’t have to hear them talk about footy either.

Soto

Bench
The LBGTQ community or LBGT activities? I’d be very careful in conflating the two.

He’s entitled to say what he said. I think it was a stupid thing to say but you can’t stop people saying stupid things just because you don’t agree with them.

The irony is that some people who argue that it’s ‘vilification’, ‘inciting hatred’ etc. are very quick to dismiss groups of people when it suits them (e.g. Catholics). One should be careful what they wish for when seeking to limit free speech!

As for the NRL, if a club weighs it up and decides to sign him they do so with an awareness of the reputation risk it carries. The NRL shouldn’t step in stop a club from making that decision when he hasn’t broken any laws (real or imagined).

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/e801954604383af15574765426237294

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys said on Wednesday night that “each club is autonomous” and he would not deliver an edict stopping them from putting a cause forward for Folau to return to the club.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Dragons abandon pursuit of Folau after extraordinary general meeting

St George Illawarra have abandoned their pursuit of Israel Folau following an extraordinary general meeting on Wednesday night.

Club powerbrokers gathered late Wednesday to discuss the fallout from the Folau revelations published in the Herald on Tuesday, opting not to proceed with preliminary discussions to sign the 31-year-old this season on a two-year, $1 million deal.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dr...ordinary-general-meeting-20210203-p56z9q.html

I hope those LBGTQ activists are happy! I wanted to see a 43 yo Izzy get f**ken smashed!

Eelogical

Referee
The LBGTQ community or LBGT activists? I’d be very careful in conflating the two.

Bubbler boy got canned by the NRL. Nobody bitched about that.

Latest posts