What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon Corey Parker leaving is pretty much a straight swap (salary wise) for Napa.
At other clubs upgrading a guy like Gillett and their other young forwards like Sua and Pangai Jr would cause them not to go on the open market to replace Parker. But not at the Bronco's.......

#broncodollarsgosomuchfurtherjustaskandrewgee

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
FFS Hiney, if you are going to do long hashtags then you need to capitalise the first letter of each word. Like this:

#HineyIsAStupidF**kenNonHashtagWorkin'Merkin

hindy111

Post Whore
I dare say Mead cost less then reed or evens.
Parkers money would be same as Napa.
As much as I want to rant about broncos - Is there anyone in team that would be on more then 500k other then milford? It is a good team. But I see a lot of guys who would be around the 350-450k mark

Noise

Coach
In recent times they have:
Hodges for Roberts (Roberts on less)
Milford for Barba (Milford on more)
Reed for Mead (Read would have been on more)
Napa for Parker (about the same)

Seems about right to me

hindy111

Post Whore
Im sure they aren't needing to upgrade anyone's contract or anything

Fact is it is cheaper to live in Brisbane. I honestly think it would be about 10%. And house prices across the range atleast 25%.
They would use this in their negotiating. I reckon they would save about 20-30K every player using this spin. That allows about an extra 700k. You are also going to have guys that will take unders to play for Brisbane and under Bennet. That's fact. I reckon 1 million is not unrealistic to say that is the advantage they get across the cap.
Move to Sydney for 300k a year or stay in Brisbane for 250k. 50k - tax leaves you about 30-35k. Minus cost of living an they would only be ending up with about 10k extra. It is easy to blurt out Brisbane are rorting the cap.
I would say they are playing it to their advantage just nicely.

Just like the DUKE is out here.

What both clubs are doing is getting good value out of junior players. Just like we have from Tepai - Bevan - Semi.
And also KE and Manu gave us great value in the past. I always thought our best chance to win it is by 2017. Most our squad is going to be at full value soon. And then that's where we have to hope some more Juniors come thru or we pick up some good buys like Gutherson and Taka.

The competition is that competitive one injury or a bad purchase is what can cost you a chance at the title.

Last edited:
As well as the cost of living advantage that the Broncs have (and any cheating that goes on), the major advantage they have is that they are the single team in a 1-team town, and that town represents a pretty large market. This makes it a lot easier to attract perfectly legal (under the current system) third party deals.

Gronk

Staff member
Talking about TPAs PK*nt said the other day that Benji was holding out hoping to get a NRL contract with somebody, anybody.

He has approached the NRL and said to them that he has a bunch of TPA sponsors who are happy to move to any club that wants Benji. So to ensure that the NRL does not baulk at a deal which might be TPA top heavy, Benji has forewarned the NRL. The NRL have already approved the TPAs as legit.

No I don't think he would add anything to our squad. Not tough enough to play 9 and too slow to play 6 or 7.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Is that because public toilets are part of the system?
The Witch hates the system mate so public toilets are out, along with banks, supermarkets and showers.

Besides why use a public toilet when number 1s and number 2s can go straight onto your organic veggies?

84 Baby

Referee
50k - tax leaves you about 30-35k. Minus cost of living an they would only be ending up with about 10k extra.
Showing which tax bracket you're in. At those sort of salaries that extra 50k is 25k after tax. And nowadays with player salary levels the Brisbane is cheaper days are over. While the shitbox suburbs in Brisbane are cheaper than Sydney, the livable suburbs these highly paid players would want to live in aren't really that much cheaper than Sydney. The boom may have sent that back a bit, but not significantly for mine. Although a lot of other shit is cheaper in Brisbane for some reason