What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Must have been a different Ryan Matterson from Wenty who played 3 seasons of NYC for us

was it 3 in NYC ?, thought he played Ball as well, he played in the halves at 5/8 which is why he has some sort of kicking game

pretty big for a half which is why backrow/centre suits him

84 Baby

Referee
was it 3 in NYC ?, thought he played Ball as well, he played in the halves at 5/8 which is why he has some sort of kicking game

pretty big for a half which is why backrow/centre suits him
He could have also played Ball.

And actually on that @hindy111 if we use the 5 year stipulation, you can’t even include Matterson because he graduated in 2014.

IFR33K

Coach
Did he ever play in their junior rep teams?

I’m not sure, I didn’t give birth to him. But a friend of mine coached him at the bulls. Regardless of where he played reps, he played the bulk of his juniors in the bulldogs system. Just like klemmer was an eels junior. If there’s a flaw in the system, that’s not my fault.

84 Baby

Referee
I’m not sure, I didn’t give birth to him. But a friend of mine coached him at the bulls. Regardless of where he played reps, he played the bulk of his juniors in the bulldogs system. Just like klemmer was an eels junior. If there’s a flaw in the system, that’s not my fault.
Regardless of if he played in Dogs juniors, he definitely played in our juniors. It’s not like players are restricted to only one system their entire career

IFR33K

Coach
Regardless of if he played in Dogs juniors, he definitely played in our juniors. It’s not like players are restricted to only one system their entire career

So is klemmer an eels junior? It can’t work both ways. Matterson was signed or poached by the eels well into his teens.

84 Baby

Referee
So is klemmer an eels junior? It can’t work both ways. Matterson was signed or poached by the eels well into his teens.
Firstly ask hindy or Ram on the rules.
Secondly, how is this trying to work it both ways? It’s not black and white. Sure he probably played in Dogs juniors. He also played in Eels juniors. Do players solely have to stay in one system to be included? We’d have shit all and not just in recent times then. And the famed Smugfa nursery would be also be a lot thinner.
I’m happy to exclude Klemmer and Gallen because I don’t think they ever actually played in Eels system (I might be wrong) thus why they moved.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Playing for a junior club in their district isn't playing in their system. The junior system starts and ends with junior rep teams. Local clubs aren't run by the NRL club. They might get a bit of funding and maybe a player visit on awards night.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Making new stipulations.... it’s like I predicted that.
Anyway it was off the top of my head at 6.30 in morning with no research.
Did Klemmer and Mahoney both spend time in our junior system?
And not even the Scum/Rorters/Smugfers are producing 13 rep quality players every 5 years! 10 years allows for some post prime reps leading the emerging stars through
No excuses!! FFS!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So is klemmer an eels junior?
No he's not and neither are Gallen or Keary. Just because a kid lives or even plays in the district doesn't mean that NRL club is entitled to the player.
It can’t work both ways. Matterson was signed or poached by the eels well into his teens.
It doesn't work both ways. Matterson has never been affiliated with the Dogs. We poached him into our junior system and then he signed a senior contract with the Roosters.

84 Baby

Referee
Playing for a junior club in their district isn't playing in their system. The junior system starts and ends with junior rep teams. Local clubs aren't run by the NRL club. They might get a bit of funding and maybe a player visit on awards night.
I think to some extent local clubs do count as being an NRL clubs juniors. They’d have played against the junior rep players at club level and probably been involved in development of some capacity. But alas hindy and Ram refuse to put a framework in place as usual to determine who can be included and who can’t be.