What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
When was the last time we produced quality(rep level) juniors. Oh that's right...Junior Paulo. Until we see quality coming through consistently, then I'm afraid Gus is right. What junior programs?

Hayne,Hodgkinson, tonga, was Malone?

84 Baby

Referee
The majority of all the poached junior players by other clubs are solid to average.

When was the last time we produced quality(rep level) juniors. Oh that's right...Junior Paulo. Until we see quality coming through consistently, then I'm afraid Gus is right. What junior programs?

I suppose Maddison is the next best, but really they aren't coming through in regular and multiple numbers are they?

Sure we have managed to bring some great young guys to the club from outside of our catchment area, so I suppose that is something.

But I still think we aren't capitalising on our own vast junior catchment area anywhere good enough and I think that that is what Gould is on about.
These are over 13yrs ago when they come through.
We have produced plenty of NRL quality players. Just not many at origin quality. But I would say Matterson,Jnr are high quality.
Let’s try to make a team list!
1. Radradra
2. Tupou
3. T-Rex
4. Morgzilla
5. Taufua
6. Drown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Rheed
10. AFB
11. Matterson
12. Klemmer
13. Gallen

I took some liberties plus you guys will probably change the rules

hineyrulz

Post Whore
1. Radradra
2. Tupou
3. T-Rex
4. Morgzilla
5. Taufua
6. Drown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Rheed
10. AFB
11. Matterson
12. Klemmer
13. Gallen

I like the look of that made up pretend side.

hindy111

Post Whore
1. Radradra
2. Tupou
3. T-Rex
4. Morgzilla
5. Taufua
6. Drown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Rheed
10. AFB
11. Matterson
12. Klemmer
13. Gallen

You cant count Mahoney then count Klemmer. Its one or other as we let Klemmer go and Dogs let Mahoney go....
Your also counting guys who come through over 12yrs ago. Let's stick to the last 5 or 6....

IFR33K

Coach
These are over 13yrs ago when they come through.
We have produced plenty of NRL quality players. Just not many at origin quality. But I would say Matterson,Jnr are high quality.

Matterson isn’t an eels junior. He played all his juniors in the dogs system

Glenneel

Bench
Sounds a bit desperate.

Huge money invested in a bloke coming off an ACL injury with the added risk of guaranteeing him the 5/8 role?

Although if it turns out to be a master stroke and he performs at 5/8 it could be seen as a bargain. Interesting times at the Broncos that's for sure!
Can't be worse than Milford but can he be better? They need better halves and more experience overall.

84 Baby

Referee
You cant count Mahoney then count Klemmer. Its one or other as we let Klemmer go and Dogs let Mahoney go....
Your also counting guys who come through over 12yrs ago. Let's stick to the last 5 or 6....
Making new stipulations.... it’s like I predicted that.
Anyway it was off the top of my head at 6.30 in morning with no research.
Did Klemmer and Mahoney both spend time in our junior system?
And not even the Scum/Rorters/Smugfers are producing 13 rep quality players every 5 years! 10 years allows for some post prime reps leading the emerging stars through

hindy111

Post Whore
Juniors are good. But picking up guys who another team didn't rate is potentialy even better. Like Mahoney.
Or guys like Kikau who the Panthers went hard for.
I'd even so a guy like Gutherson is almost as good as a junior. As is Semi or Manu Mau.
And Papalì.
All where low key signings and are proving to be far more then expected.

Latest posts