What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Souths Juniors one of the biggest clubs in Sydney fund their junior clubs to the extent of paying for playing strips and regos. Their junior league is relatively strong, not at Parra/Riff level, but around Dogs for a level.
Bee Sting Head (I love that Lol). Ripped into Parras Junior Development last night. Said we basically haven't got one. Thoughts?

84 Baby

Referee
This isn’t going to get exploited at all :rolling_eyes:
Exploiting it would be difficult.
18th man is only activated if
  1. lose player because of foul play to the extent perpetrator is binned/sent off - the player still has to go through HIA protocols, so the only way to “exploit” is if your player is having a Fergo, is clocked by a merkin, merkin is binned for it BUT your guy actually isn’t that concussed but you just say he is.
  2. lose 3 players to HIA - sure you might do a dodgy on the 3rd guy’s HIA just to get fresh legs but that 3rd guy still has to go through midweek protocols AND you still have to have lost 2 other guys to HIA and no team is going to dodgy up 3 HIAs just to get one set of fresh legs

Delboy

First Grade
Yep, hopeless, 5 of the back 7 in Reserve grade are 18 to 21 years old straight out of junior reps. Identification and development takes time and looks like we maybe seeing the rewards of what was commenced properly 5/6 years ago.

The Riff started before us and have brought a lot through, Beesting head is what he is, don’t take a lot of notice when he comments on anyone but his faves - Riff, Roosters and Dogs all get a leg up from him.

Delboy

First Grade
Why would you argue with that?
Something must be happening , other clubs raid our junior development consistently and pay overs. Tigers have about 5, Manly had 5 in NRL this week , sure you fish where the most gather, but there doesn’t seem to be anything but moves from other clubs.

84 Baby

Referee
Something must be happening , other clubs raid our junior development consistently and pay overs. Tigers have about 5, Manly had 5 in NRL this week , sure you fish where the most gather, but there doesn’t seem to be anything but moves from other clubs.
I’ve got Suli, Keppie and Aloiai. Who are the other 2?

Delboy

First Grade
I’ve got Suli, Keppie and Aloiai. Who are the other 2?
Saab was from Merrylands, Schuster was Mt Prichard junior who went there even though selected in Matts for Parra . Not forgetting Taufua who is currently injured.

The Fainu brothers, and many others in their juniors and reggies are all from the golden West.

Wigers also have Austin Dias, Joe Taipiri who played throughout junior reps.

just replying to the spouting of Gus, if it’s not Penrith re juniors or the poaching Roosters he says little. By the way, the junior clubs in the Manly district are not happy with the number of Parra recruits. They see the Lussicks, Verrils and others not seeing opportunities at Brookvale.

84 Baby

Referee
Saab was from Merrylands, Schuster was Mt Prichard junior who went there even though selected in Matts for Parra . Not forgetting Taufua who is currently injured.

The Fainu brothers, and many others in their juniors and reggies are all from the golden West.

just replying to the spouting of Gus, if it’s not Penrith re juniors or the poaching Roosters he says little. By the way, the junior clubs in the Manly district are not happy with the number of Parra recruits. They see the Lussicks, Verrils and others not seeing opportunities at Brookvale.
Schuster is a loss but thank f**k MON let Saab go.
Gus is the precursor to the Smugfers telling everyone what they are doing wrong whilst totally ignoring they haven’t won a premiership yet and that it took them years to get within contention

TheRam

Coach

The majority of all the poached junior players by other clubs are solid to average.

When was the last time we produced quality(rep level) juniors. Oh that's right...Junior Paulo. Until we see quality coming through consistently, then I'm afraid Gus is right. What junior programs?

I suppose Maddison is the next best, but really they aren't coming through in regular and multiple numbers are they?

Sure we have managed to bring some great young guys to the club from outside of our catchment area, so I suppose that is something.

But I still think we aren't capitalising on our own vast junior catchment area anywhere good enough and I think that that is what Gould is on about.

Tigers also have Tyler Field & EJ Lui played Flegg for us

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
. By the way, the junior clubs in the Manly district are not happy with the number of Parra recruits. They see the Lussicks, Verrils and others not seeing opportunities at Brookvale.

they must be pretty pissed about Gutho and Lane then

hindy111

Post Whore

Do you rate Russel? Young but after hearing all the hype I was excited. After seeing a few times now I was dissapointed.
Arthurs boy looks good. So does that Greig kid.

Captain BF

Juniors
A question for those in the know, are Parra any chance of re-signing Nathan Brown? I think he's a must. Sorry if it has been asked or discussed previously.

Delboy

First Grade
they must be pretty pissed about Gutho and Lane then
They weren’t interested in Gutho given he had done his ACL and TomTurbo was in place, Lane was a journeyman until finally settling with us.

Mitch Moses played Matts for Parra, until Uncle Ben Elias and Isaac Moses moved him to the Tigpies .