What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
But you said they said he couldn't get a team to the GF. I don't any of them have come out and changed their mind on this.

Gronk

Staff member
But you said they said he couldn't get a team to the GF. I don't any of them have come out and changed their mind on this.

Well right now Panthers, Storm and Bunnies are all ahead in the GF winner betting markets so has there even been another conversation ?

Delboy

First Grade
Arthur is only 19, and already 188cm tall, and weighing in the low 80kg range.

By the time he is 23, he may not even be a halfback any more...
Don’t think it will mean a problem for Jake going forward, Cleary is a 6 foot halfback weighing over 92kg, Jakes skill are built around playing 7 , so let’s not put everyone into the old prototype small, nippy half.

Watching the reserve grade game again, he is a typical linking and kicking half

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Arthur is only 19, and already 188cm tall, and weighing in the low 80kg range.

By the time he is 23, he may not even be a halfback any more...

Dylbags was playing NRL at 19.

Hard to say where Jake's future will be being so big, he may bulk up too. Like Jack Gibson used to say, pick your best 13 and worry about the number on their back later

IFR33K

Coach
Dylbags was playing NRL at 19.

Hard to say where Jake's future will be being so big, he may bulk up too. Like Jack Gibson used to say, pick your best 13 and worry about the number on their back later

I appreciate what jack gibson said back then, but the game has changed. It’s gone from being a part time sport, where players still had jobs, to a full time occupation

TheRam

Coach
To think Cleary is only on 1 mill..... Moses isn't worth 900k

Very few halves are, but unfortunately if we want to hold onto an experienced, solid to good one, that is the market rate.

I think at the very minute I would only rate Cleary good enough to warrant the million dollar tag, but reality is reality and the market is the market.

If we want to keep him and threaten for a title over the next 3 seasons or so we need him or someone like him in our team.

hybrideel

Bench
Don’t think it will mean a problem for Jake going forward, Cleary is a 6 foot halfback weighing over 92kg, Jakes skill are built around playing 7 , so let’s not put everyone into the old prototype small, nippy half.

There are still people who think that though.

My son trialed for the local school zone U/11's league team and when he told them he played first receiver, the coach said, no you are too tall. So he didn't get picked

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Some of the comments below this are so good

Talk about pot and kettle , how many of broncos “juniors “ are from titans catchment , I think Coates as well is from Gold Coast region .
Then you have this nugget who was from storm system and they raid qld juniors

Funny broncos Turn to shit and all of a sudden everyone wants to change everything

Eelementary

Post Whore

I really like the kid, and having a halfback like him who is big and strong, but also skilful, is a valuable commodity.

But stranger things have happened.