What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Rockafella

Juniors
He's not a difference maker but not everyone in the top 17 has to be. Opacic is the best defensive centre in the club. Wouldn't be too expensive but I'd say too expensive to sit in reserve grade. Making him redundant wouldn't be good cap management.
Understand aboutCap Management , we shouldn’t of bought him in the first place we needed to entice another backline player to replace Michael Jennings in the first place I know that’s not an easy task to do but had Jennings been around Tom opacic would be in reserve grade we are in the circle of a premiership window apparently and we have the worst centres in the competition!!! We have filled 28 players out of our 30 don’t forget Sam Hughes hasn’t been seen but has taken 30 man spot, we did the same thing last year with Peni… that’s not good Management as Brad Arthur would say that’s dumb and he’s the coach.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Understand aboutCap Management , we shouldn’t of bought him in the first place we needed to entice another backline player to replace Michael Jennings in the first place I know that’s not an easy task to do but had Jennings been around Tom opacic would be in reserve grade we are in the circle of a premiership window apparently and we have the worst centres in the competition!!! We have filled 28 players out of our 30 don’t forget Sam Hughes hasn’t been seen but has taken 30 man spot, we did the same thing last year with Peni… that’s not good Management as Brad Arthur would say that’s dumb and he’s the coach.

We were still paying Jennings and he was pending appeal when we recruited Opacic, I'd say that had a fair bit to do with why it was a player of Opacic's price tag vs a centre of greater stature.

Rockafella

Juniors
We were still paying Jennings and he was pending appeal when we recruited Opacic, I'd say that had a fair bit to do with why it was a player of Opacic's price tag vs a centre of greater stature.
We bought Tom , before Michael Jennings got stood down he was signed sealed delivered before that Second semi against south’s

Bandwagon

Staff member
We bought Tom , before Michael Jennings got stood down he was signed sealed delivered before that Second semi against south’s

Ok, so we had Jennings available to play, surely that's even more reason as to why we signed a player at backup coin rather than a full freight centre?

Rockafella

Juniors
Ok, so we had Jennings available to play, surely that's even more reason as to why we signed a player at backup coin rather than a full freight centre?
Just like you said a back up only now Brad Arthur has converted him to our number 1/the centre I actually believe when marata was playing in the centre early in the year we looked at better football team, these mind-boggling decisions by Brad Arthur not to buy a reasonable backup six or seven , also A decent centre or winger, Instead he has played favourites( his son) this will cost him his job in the next 12 months unless he can turn around quickly love to be wrong

hindy111

Post Whore

No. It's forward planning. They didn't want to block Penisini pathway. Had we signed Kotoni and Waqa who is despite the bagging playing quite OK of late. Better the Opacic then how does Penisini get into side?

IFR33K

Coach
I have faith in our jnr and recruitment strategy tbh. We haven't overpaid guy or given then to long a contract in a long time.Look at our two best players of last 3 yrs. N.Brown and Gutherson.
That enables us to stay competitive for a long time and makes a rebuild a short process.

our recruitment strategies or reluctance to pay overs will only benefit if we actually had a first grade coach, coaching.

Soto

Bench
I did call out when Latrell was available to go for him. Everyone dished the idea. X factor players like that is hownypu win a comp imo. You need one in your squad.
You certainly do. Someone who will stand up and say give me the ball or follow me boys.
A player that can turn the game in an instant with some brilliance. We haven't had someone like that since Hayne in his halcyon days.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You certainly do. Someone who will stand up and say give me the ball or follow me boys.
A player that can turn the game in an instant with some brilliance. We haven't had someone like that since Hayne in his halcyon days.

Latrell Mitchell? "Give me the ball, and follow me?"

Is this the same Latrell Mitchell who made fewer runs in both Finals games while playing for the Roosters, than his centre partner did in one Finals game?

The guy is exceptionally talented, but he is lazy.

Glenneel

Bench
I like us being underdogs too but I’d like to see another premiership or two before I go to heaven. Up there they only play Union and I can’t stand that game.
Rugby league played in hell so play up from now and you'll go to the right place. Unfortunately you'll go to the Parramatta (now called Bankwest) part of hell where the 2001 g/f is on continuous replay.

Glenneel

Bench
As you can see by membership figures, they haven't. Eventually Arthur's will be replaced but there is currently zero evidence he is costing the club any revenue. If he's cheaper than the alternatives then there's evidence to keep him.
What???????
Don't worry about results/premierships just worry about the $$$$$$. WTF!!!!!
Your worst post EVER, give yourself continuous uppercuts.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He might have been on backup money but his form in first grade has been good. His recent retention would've been on top 17 money, I'm guessing about $200k

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have faith in our jnr and recruitment strategy tbh. We haven't overpaid guy or given then to long a contract in a long time.Look at our two best players of last 3 yrs. N.Brown and Gutherson.
That enables us to stay competitive for a long time and makes a rebuild a short process.
Yep, it is sustainable.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What???????
Don't worry about results/premierships just worry about the $$$$$$. WTF!!!!!
Your worst post EVER, give yourself continuous uppercuts.
I'm just explaining the club's decisions. They clearly want their spending to be sustainable. They've made enough noise about it. The NRL grant provides enough cash for players but everything else comes out of a budget that is smaller than that of the elite clubs.

Latest posts