What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

parra pete

Referee
Who remembers the Dogs game when we were down at half time, yeah we got up and won but against the good teams it’s game over by halftime. We were told we won stop complaining we are in the top 4 blah blah blah!!! And we still haven’t played the best two teams in the comp yet 😳
Yeah, I remember..WE beat Melbourne, and missed a goal on fulltime that would have given us a win over Panthers

emjaycee

Coach
Yeah, I remember..WE beat Melbourne, and missed a goal on fulltime that would have given us a win over Panthers
Pete, was that Penrith game the one where we were never more than 2 points in arrears of them at any stage after we scored the first try in the 22nd minute?

emjaycee

Coach
Craig Fitzgibbon and Danny Buderus. Andrew Johns maybe too, but don’t think he joined the bubble.
Do you reckon they are both available to come with Fittler next year (if he comes)?
If he doesn't have top shelf assistants, he probably won't do as well as expectations might be.

eel01s

Bench
Fittler would be good for half a season before the wheels would fall off. Pretty similar to this season. I don't rate him as a coach. Go back and watch origin and tell me we didn't win because we had better players. Our game plans were nom existent. Actually Freddie would be a funkier version of BA.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Bulldogs led us at halftime which means we're shit, so Souths must also be shit, which is the thing you're full of. That's my point.
I don’t rate South’s all that highly, it’s a two team comp at the moment. South’s is full of flat track bullies and their defence is suss. Didn’t stop them making mince meat out of us and our amazing structures.

Happy MEel

First Grade
A month ago ( ignoring the bye ) our previous months games were......

Vs Titans - W26 - 8
Vs Penrith - L12 - 13
Vs Dogs - W36 - 10
Vs Tigers W40 - 12

Seriously, I'm not saying there wasn't some deficiencies in our game, but which of these results is indicative of terrible defence and attack?

The month before was....

Vs Knights W40 - 4
Vs Rabbits L38 - 20
Vs Manly L28 - 6
Vs Warriors W34 - 18

Comparing those two samples where's the regression?

The only consistency between now and then has been merkins calling for BA's head.
I think we could include the Raiders game in that first list as that’s 3 days off being a month ago. We were terrible in that game. We lost with 59% possession FFS. There were some earlier signs such as the Manly and South’s game, but the bulldogs game when we were down at half time was really when we became vocal about our decline. Since then we had a respectable showing but a loss to a Clearyless Panthers, a solid enough win against the Titans and then a shocking loss against the Raiders, followed by a complete capitulationa against an understrength Roosters, Souths and Manly.
You don’t have to agree, but IMO, despite some decent wins in between, the wheels started coming off at the start of that Manly game and we haven’t recovered.