What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Niukore is a 25 year old with 75 games under his belt. If he develops more of an off-load I reckon he can still get better. His strength and speed (for a bigger body) make him a potentially more dangerous player.

Mate what are the chances of him developing an offload with this lot coaching?

Remember our head coach prioritises the collision over everything else and Niukore has the collision down pat. So I can't see our coaches tinkering from there. They don't believe in extras attack wise, well not until the last couple of weeks anyway where they said they did training in the attack area and we have see a little improvement in response.

I swear our coach as much as I like the guy for being a Parra man and he seems like a great guy, he is so stuck and limited as a thinker and a coach. He needs to be dragged kicking and screaming for obvious changes to happen. I really hope he adjusts this poor trait of his for a coach for everyone's sake.

TheRam

Coach
Tariq Sims has been told that he is free to look elsewhere for 2022.

So, we don't need another backrower to spend good money on do we?

We are more the covered for quality in the forwards with seasoned players and a few just about ready to make their move and hopefully their mark in the NRL from next season on.

Backs and speed is where I would be looking to improve our stocks in 2022 and onwards.

TheRam

Coach
The same coach whose team throws the most offloads every year?

That's the natural offloaders in the squad like Junior. But developing an offload when you haven't got one is a different thing all together.

It's like teaching a fullback to pass when he doesn't really have it in his game. It is something that he has to be trained in and taught. Same with developing a good offload, how and when to do it. Our team when they panic, just try to offload at will and most of the time when that happens against the better teams, it ends up backfiring and producing a lot of errors. That is not what I am talking about and they shouldn't be thinking that if they had better attacking structures and strategies to start with. How you train and practice is how you play.

You always take things the wrong way or look to the most negative side of everything. Jeez you would be terrible in a war bunker. Everyone would be tears and expecting certain death if they listened to you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's the natural offloaders in the squad like Junior. But developing an offload when you haven't got one is a different thing all together.

It's like teaching a fullback to pass when he doesn't really have it in his game. It is something that he has to be trained in and taught. Same with developing a good offload, how and when to do it. Our team when they panic, just try to offload at will and most of the time when that happens against the better teams, it ends up backfiring and producing a lot of errors. That is not what I am talking about and they shouldn't be thinking that if they had better attacking structures and strategies to start with. How you train and practice is how you play.

You always take things the wrong way or look to the most negative side of everything. Jeez you would be terrible in a war bunker. Everyone would be tears and expecting certain death if they listened to you.
The point is maybe we don't need more offloaders in our team. Most of the time the player is better off fighting for a quick play-the-ball.

lingard

Coach
I'd prefer this as my starting pack

Rcg -50
Jnr - 50
Papa - 80
Marata - 80
Matterson - 70

N.Brown - 50
Kafusi/W.Smith
Cartwright - 50
Lane -40

We would need 70 mins from the bench. We could squeeze that from 2 x forwards.3rd gives us some cover already. The numbers stating what each forward is capable of playing without performance dropping a whole lot.

For me it's between W.Smith of Kafusi. Cartwright is our only genuine edge forward. You could argue Lane,Marata,Papa,Matterson are as good or better in middle. So we have the middle covered.
What does Kafusi bring other then taking minutes of these guys? W.Smith may add nothing but the insurance of a guy who can play Fullback,Centre,Halves, Hooker makes it worth it.
If Lussick went down or Gutherson we'd be toast.
I think Lane, Marata and Matterson are absolutely genuine edge forwards. It's just that, in our team, they are forced to play in the middle; and, to their credit, do a fine job there. But each of them do far more damage on the edge.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Lane, Marata and Matterson are absolutely genuine edge forwards. It's just that, in our team, they are forced to play in the middle; and, to their credit, do a fine job there. But each of them do far more damage on the edge.
Every forward does more damage running at halfbacks, including Junior Paulo. Playing edge forward is about edge defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
R.0a5f6fd61fb25ed0d13ff85031f6fad9

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If it makes you feel better, I've got over a grand in my Sportsbet account after starting with a hundred this year, and by next Sunday night I hope to have only ~$700 in there:

knights.PNG

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well you're right. When trying to decide how much to put on them I thought about how I'd feel if we won and I lost that amount of money. Turns out if it was more than $300 I'd be going for the Knights.