What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Bea’s two sons will be very happy. Expect a 3 year deal for Bea Jr Jr as well. Picking his son over what was best for the team was it for me. It should have been it for the people in charge of the club instead they have doubled and tripled down on bald plod.

Bea’s two sons will be very happy. Expect a 3 year deal for Bea Jr Jr as well. Picking his son over what was best for the team was it for me. It should have been it for the people in charge of the club instead they have doubled and tripled down on bald plod.

He had 3 try assists in 7 games. 1 more then D.Brown.
He looks bog average but give him a few years mate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

He had 3 try assists in 7 games. 1 more then D.Brown.
He looks bog average but give him a few years mate.
A few more years is fine, he may be ready after this off season but this year he wasn't. Especially when Moses wasn't there. It was a disgraceful decision that helped sink our season.

hindy111

Post Whore
A few more years is fine, he may be ready after this off season but this year he wasn't. Especially when Moses wasn't there. It was a disgraceful decision that helped sink our season.

Who would of you put? W.Smith was injured. Personally I would of went with Rankin. But do I feel the results changed? No we would ofmlost all the games anyhows.
He won 2/7. 2/6 if take out the last game against Penrith which can't count.

Lost to Roosters,Manly,Canberra,Rabbits.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who would of you put? W.Smith was injured. Personally I would of went with Rankin. But do I feel the results changed? No we would ofmlost all the games anyhows.
He won 2/7. 2/6 if take out the last game against Penrith which can't count.

Lost to Roosters,Manly,Canberra,Rabbits.
Smith was injured the first time with Brown suspended and at least Moses was there as the main half, the second time he was picked Smith was available. Not only was Bea Jr thrust back into the team he was made halfback ahead of Brown who had played over 40 plus games. Whenever i'd seen Bea Jr play Rankin ran the team anyway. I'll say it again it was a disgraceful decision that helped sink our season and Captain Front load gets rewarded with 2 more seasons. Only at Parramatta.

Gronk

Staff member
Smith was injured the first time with Brown suspended and at least Moses was there as the main half, the second time he was picked Smith was available. Not only was Bea Jr thrust back into the team he was made halfback ahead of Brown who had played over 40 plus games. Whenever i'd seen Bea Jr play Rankin ran the team anyway. I'll say it again it was a disgraceful decision that helped sink our season and Captain Front load gets rewarded with 2 more seasons. Only at Parramatta.
Let’s be real here, do you really think that picking Will Smith over Shrub at half would have made a difference? Shrub was there to shift the ball, make his tackles and get T5 kick away. Smith’s kicking game is garbage.

Shrub started in 7 games. We lost 5 against Manly, Souths, Canberra, Roosters & Penrith. The first two were for Dylan at 5/8.

Cloeel

Juniors
The club has moved to sign Arthur to keep the players they want to keep moving forward. The new Brisbane team will decimate some playing rosters for 2023 onwards and probably bring unwanted stability for a fair few players and clubs next year.
I'm not the biggest BA fan either and certainly would not have extended til end of 24...not yet anyway.
I feel we are closer to a GF now than we have been in a longtime.
I do expect some regression from the Panthers, Storm and Souths nxt year due to player losses. Manly will be playing with some older halves and game plan is shut down turbo shut down Moanly.
Next year is the best opportunity i feel with the squad we have and the emergence of some of the younger players. Astute signings should only help bolster us for a massive tilt at the premiership.
A quality back up hooker like Havilli, Jayden Berell, Tyson Smoothy or left field Lachlan Lewis is required. Lachlan Lewis could also be a decent backup half.
I see Jack Gosiewski has been released from Manly and i think he would be a handy addition.
Hooker, backrower and a winger/ fullback is what we need to round out the squad.
Not sure what Fusitua is doing but would be a good get as well.
I reckon Tigers are morals for the spoon nxt year. The quicker Stefano realises this and comes back to us the better for him and us.
Anticipating some player retention and signings now BA deal has been done...

Stefano would not return unless it was for stupid money I reckon.

From memory it was a bit messy when he left.

I will be interested to see how he goes next year starting and whether or not he maintains his level of performance from 2021 season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Let’s be real here, do you really think that picking Will Smith over Shrub at half would have made a difference? Shrub was there to shift the ball, make his tackles and get T5 kick away. Smith’s kicking game is garbage.

Shrub started in 7 games. We lost 5 against Manly, Souths, Canberra, Roosters & Penrith. The first two were for Dylan at 5/8.
Well for starters Smith wouldn’t have been playing 7 he would be playing 6, Brown showed last year he was capable of being the main guy with the help of Gutho. Smith would play 6 run when needed make his tackles and kick at a last resort. At least he was capable physically and defensively unlike Bea Jr.

Instead Bea Jr was given the keys to the team which was an absolutely laughable decision, almost as laughable as the club giving his father two more years when he has done absolutely nothing to earn it. Is the Parramatta club a make a wish foundation for the Arthur’s????

Gronk

Staff member
Well for starters Smith wouldn’t have been playing 7 he would be playing 6, Brown showed last year he was capable of being the main guy with the help of Gutho. Smith would play 6 run when needed make his tackles and kick at a last resort. At least he was capable physically and defensively unlike Bea Jr.

Instead Bea Jr was given the keys to the team which was an absolutely laughable decision, almost as laughable as the club giving his father two more years when he has done absolutely nothing to earn it. Is the Parramatta club a make a wish foundation for the Arthur’s????
So which game satisfied you that Dylan has the game management to run the show ? Cos he has never been picked as starting 7 in his NRL career.

Will Smith has never started as a half back in his career and only a 5/8 nine times for us over five seasons, each time next to Moses.

Also, since when have you been Will Smith at 5/8 fan ? Seems to me that you are a bit muddled.

00512AAA-2EE4-4495-89EB-37295F2EA563.jpeg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So which game satisfied you that Dylan has the game management to run the show ? Cos he has never been picked as starting 7 in his NRL career.

Will Smith has never started as a half back in his career and only a 5/8 nine times for us over five seasons, each time next to Moses.

Also, since when have you been Will Smith at 5/8 fan ? Seems to me that you are a bit muddled.

View attachment 54895
Classic Gronk digging up 3 year old posts to try and prove a point. I've never rated Dill Smith especially in the halves but he was a better option than Bea Arthur Jr. Who as i said never even ran the reserves team even though he had 7 on his back Rankin was the man. Brown played 7 last year even though Jai Field wore the 7. Check the game when Moses did his calf and Brown had to run the team wth Guth against Canberra it was an excellent performance.

But but but but stability but but but but never ......question......... the........ club.............no................matter.................what.............

Gronk

Staff member
Classic Gronk digging up 3 year old posts to try and prove a point. I've never rated Dill Smith especially in the halves but he was a better option than Bea Arthur Jr. Who as i said never even ran the reserves team even though he had 7 on his back Rankin was the man. Brown played 7 last year even though Jai Field wore the 7. Check the game when Moses did his calf and Brown had to run the team wth Guth against Canberra it was an excellent performance.

But but but but stability but but but but never ......question......... the........ club.............no................matter.................what.............
It's a tenuous web you weave. Sprouting nepotism like Shrub was being picked ahead of Sam Walker. In reality he wasn't the reason why we lost games, wasn't offering a game any worse than the alternative. Indeed he played a atypical game for rookie. Your whole argument is based on you need to have fixed mindset heroes and villans narrative. #boo

Eelementary

Post Whore
Robbed?? Yeah we had calls that didn’t go our way but we had enough ball the last 20 to win 5 games. Our attack is still bog average and it’s like pulling teeth in the opposition 20m. Block and crash plays will not cut it against the top sides.

How many times have you wanted him gone?? Because we fire up in a couple of games all us sweet?? You are easily pleased, that month when we offered SFA and just gave up was more where we are at as a team than a few finals games when it was easy to fire a team up.

The coach was told we needed to improve instead we limped into 6th and went out in week 2 yet again. I think our finish rightfully gave him next year but till 2024??? He is going to be out longest ever serving coach which is absolutely embarrassing and says plenty about the club. Failure and mediocrity is in the walls of this place no wonder why we have the record for the most spoons.

Good points.

But I'd say we had more than a few calls that were missed:

* Blake's second try, which 9 times out of 10 is awarded

* the penalty late in the second half where 6 Panthers were offside while we were 10m out

* non-binning of Luai

* non-binning of Naden

* non-penalty try to Penisini

You make a lot of great points, but I believe firmly that the ref f**ked us on that game.

TheRam

Coach
wouldn’t that tell you that he’s probably doing a better job than what you and others giving him credit for? …in a time where we need to contend with a new club trying to poach your players I think stability is probably the best way to go about prevent it.
im expecting the club to keep most if not all the players they want to keep in the future on the back of retaining the coach.

No.

It just means that the players like the coach. Haven't you ever been employed and had a boss that you liked, but it didn't necessarily mean he was the best man for the job. I have. In fact I have had some real nice and friendly bosses over the years that did an ok job and knew what they were doing and we were productive and content, but I have also had some real no nonsense types with impressive minds and a presence that would make everyone jump and work that little bit extra and focus that little bit more or else they knew their would be consequences. Not Attila the Hun types, but a formidable and arresting presence that knew things and did things that little bit different and or better. Anyway, the two that were exceptional like that didn't last long, they moved up the chain very quickly and disappeared into upper management roles and other corporations.

Point is liking and comfort isn't always better. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. That opening statement of yours means SFA.

But I do hope that by signing someone that no one else was going to poach from us does have the desired affect of keeping all our players and we don't have to sacrifice anyone including Niukore. If he does go, then imo signing BA to an extension served no purpose at all, because I don't thing that any of the others were seriously going anyway.

TheRam

Coach
In 2023??? I was happy for him to see out his contract but 2 more further years?? Seriously lol?? GTFOH!!!!

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the league, i speak to plenty of RL Fans who don’t go for the Eels and they can’t believe he still had a job let alone getting extensions. These are people who really know their footy and they are dumbfounded. I just smile and say who knows next year may just be our year while I cry on the inside.

I don't know why but your tears made me laugh.

But now I'm crying too.

This is what it is to be a Parra supporter.

The Predictor

Juniors
We can now look forward to all of our SOOKS, re signing now that the coach who no one was trying to poach has been re signed, they will be first graders for life , under this chum!!

The Predictor

Juniors
What I have ascertained from all this, is that players want to play for the coach and not the club? Would love someone to refute this, considering these recent developments