What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Eel

Juniors
Gutho is being offered an amount which is basically for a top 5 fullback, which unfortunately even with this skill set he isn’t. As much as he is liked by the fans, this is making it tarnished. Poor advice from his manager and he hasn’t grasped how the situation is impacting on him.

Imagine if his contract costs us Reed, careful consideration from his side needed.
My personal opinion is that Guth has been great for us, but after the last circus over his contract, if he aint happy he can walk. If it means we may lose Reed, who is 22 - 23, over a guy who wants a mil, and is 27, sorry Gutho, I woud take Reed. Imo, Gutho aint worth a mil. 800 max. Just sayin. The Papanhausen's, Teddy',s of the word might bd worth a mil, but, with all due respect, not Guth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gutho is being offered an amount which is basically for a top 5 fullback, which unfortunately even with this skill set he isn’t. As much as he is liked by the fans, this is making it tarnished. Poor advice from his manager and he hasn’t grasped how the situation is impacting on him.

Imagine if his contract costs us Reed, careful consideration from his side needed.
If I was negotiating potentially my last big NRL contract, and I was too dumb for coaching or media, I wouldn't give a f**k who was forced out of the club. But then I am a disloyal, self centred merkin. I'd hate to have someone like that captaining my footy club.

hindy111

Post Whore
A 2yr extension for Gutherson might be perfect. He will be 30yr when contract finishes. If Russel is any good he will play the next season or two on the wing. Then perhaps alot into fullback. Gutherson will provide insurance for D.Brown if he doesn't work out. He has showed glimpses but he is still has not 100/% made 5/8 his own. Big year for Dylan.

Gronk

Staff member
The problem always comes back to these grubby player managers.
Imagine being a player and not knowing if your manager is cock blocking your move to say the Roosters because he has another player who needs a start and is being touted as a package deal. That’s one story I heard from a client (not eels releated). The roosters wanted their son but he ended up going to QLD and only found out about the Roosters offer months later.

Gronk

Staff member
These idiots. Dolphins: if you can't sign Ponga, Manu or Cheese sign the entire Eels squad.

Glenneel

Bench
800k is more than fair, actually it’s overs IMO. If he doesn’t make a decision soon the club should be pulling the offer and moving on. He’s the club captain it’s time for him to start acting like it.
Yes very un-captain like. Time for the club to put a time for him to accept offer or pull it. Only supposition but obviously his agent has given him a figure which he has in his head which is less than club has offered which is stalling negotiations. His manager is asking him to wait for a bigger figure to come otherwise he looks like a goose because he can't get the offer he told Gutho he could get. I don't believe MON will be the one blinking first in this standoff.

If Gutho remains unsigned for '23 time for the club to talk to Raiders to get Xavier Savage for that year. I'm sure he doesn't want to play second fiddle to clock stand for the next few years.

TheRam

Coach
Imagine being a player and not knowing if your manager is c**k blocking your move to say the Roosters because he has another player who needs a start and is being touted as a package deal. That’s one story I heard from a client (not eels releated). The roosters wanted their son but he ended up going to QLD and only found out about the Roosters offer months later.

That has been reported a few times in the media and has been happening forever.

Gronk

Staff member
That has been reported a few times in the media and has been happening forever.
What, so its OK ?

Player managers need to have their accreditation yanked if they are found not to be acting in the best interests of their client and being found to have had a conflict of interest which proves to be detrimental.

Without accountability, how do we expect change ?

Latest posts