What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
All ex origin players or plodders. All they need is Fergo.

Your point was they didn't have the money due to Ponga.
My point is Klemmer was signed for 900k reported. Frizzel 750k. Gagai would of been 500k. Pearce atleast 600k.
Best when signed looked like the best young centre in the game. He would be on min 400k.
Safitis brothers are hardly bums.

yy_cheng

Coach
Lol. He has a short kicking game, an offload and a cut out pass. Also more capable of breaking the line.
Marata just runs harder.

I don't see alot of his kicking game, offloads and cut out passes throughout the year.
Like having a ferrari and driving at 50km/h

Marata has a flick pass, plays centre, good pcm, can offload too.

TheRam

Coach
Riccio and Read were absolutely scathing of our management in todays DT podcast, without using too much logic or evidence. Parra will be ripped apart they said. Put us back 5 years. I don't know why I persist in listening to some of these cretins, there is more footy knowledge on here.

My God, there is a podcast with these two idiots? Especially Read, the man is up there with the worst analysts in the game. Who the hell would even think of listening to what they have to say unless forced to like when they sneak onto NRL shows as side puppets we are forced to endure.

Really these two have a podcast? What has the world come to?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
*costs
One off game, sure I’d want Ponga. But the question needs to be asked why they haven’t been performing better and surely a big part of that reason is he has been on overs.
If the difference was $100k maybe $200k, I’d entertain it. But that article puts the difference more like $500k. He isn’t that much more talented
Costs blow out for the best attacking players because they have an outsized influence on a team's attack. And while I'm sure Ponga is on overs at Newcastle it doesn't mean he's not significantly better than Gutherson. It just means that Newcastle have to pay overs for players. So they don't underperform because of Ponga, they underperform because they have four Origin quality players plus half a dozen reserve graders on the field.

84 Baby

Referee
Costs blow out for the best attacking players because they have an outsized influence on a team's attack. And while I'm sure Ponga is on overs at Newcastle it doesn't mean he's not significantly better than Gutherson. It just means that Newcastle have to pay overs for players. So they don't underperform because of Ponga, they underperform because they have four Origin quality players plus half a dozen reserve graders on the field.
Thanks…

Gazzamatta

Coach
If this isn't true our management should be f**ken ashamed of themselves ffs!!!
Do we really need a gun 9? All we really need is someone to make 60 tackles every week that can alternate at D
Fancy signing a contract without knowing your market value? Gee those Roosters are a 'well run' club. FORE!
Mustn't be a nice guy either because Gus takes all nice guys to dinner and he missed out.

Latest posts