What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
We have a strong side for 2022. Is our top 29 players sorted yet?

We have no idea how our side will look for 2023. We also have Kafusi,Stone,Dunster,Matterson off contract who will all play NRL this season. Along with Jnr and Manhoney.

Doorey and RFM at dogs might be worth looking at. CHN,Nikora also maybe 2nd row options.

But who knows what juniors may pop up this season. Or how Hollis and Greig go. If those two stepped up we have middles sorted.

84 Baby

Referee
Hopefully Rheed shows sharper decision making in games. You’re killing me Rheed, you’re really killing me!

84 Baby

Referee
We have a strong side for 2022. Is our top 29 players sorted yet?

We have no idea how our side will look for 2023. We also have Kafusi,Stone,Dunster,Matterson off contract who will all play NRL this season. Along with Jnr and Manhoney.

Doorey and RFM at dogs might be worth looking at. CHN,Nikora also maybe 2nd row options.

But who knows what juniors may pop up this season. Or how Hollis and Greig go. If those two stepped up we have middles sorted.
If Papa rumours showed our ceiling for backrowers, than Dogs ones are in that but I reckon CHN would be nudging and Nikora possibly would want over

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I absolutely agree we shouldn't pay overs. Always another somewhere if your systems are good enough. I like new players coming through. Im very glad its not Brthurs responsibility and thank fu*k for that.
Why should it be? It's not the coach's responsibility at any other f**king club. They've got enough on their plate.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
It's not that the Dogs have more to spend than us (we have the most off contract players so we would have plenty to spend) but that they are willing to pay more than we are. Because they are desperate, like the Tigers. You should be more worried if we lost him to a 'well run' club like the Roosters or Storm.
I understand how it works…. How is it though that the Dogs who have already signed approx 10 big name recruits over the last 2 seasons and who a lot of assumably are on ‘overs’ to go there then can still be in prime position to offer Mahoney big money, at least considerably more than what we are able to.

It doesn’t matter how desperate they are, they still have the same cap to work with.

emjaycee

Coach
I understand how it works…. How is it though that the Dogs who have already signed approx 10 big name recruits over the last 2 seasons and who a lot of assumably are on ‘overs’ to go there then can still be in prime position to offer Mahoney big money, at least considerably more than what we are able to.

It doesn’t matter how desperate they are, they still have the same cap to work with.
Two reasons:
1) the journo's make up the numbers to suit their article
2) accessibility to and size of TPA's available when your club is less reluctant to stick to the letter of the TPA rules

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

You need to find Bulldog Pou and check his squad succession thread for 2023. They probably don't have $9M spent just yet. In fact they probably have spent much less.

84 Baby

Referee
There’s tweets in there about Hynes first day at Sharks. The spitting image of Jeff Spicoli
And who is Spicoli’s teacher?
images

I think I can see the Matrix now

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just had a look on NRL.com's copycat succession article and they only have six big names (plus plenty of reserve graders) signed for 2023:

Addo-Carr
Burton
Cotric
Jackson
Kikau
Thompson

They could concentrate on buying more solid first graders at the $200k-$300k mark or they could feasibly want to sign another marquee on $700k-$800k and surround him with more reserve graders.

Our club has decided on the best way to spend our cap, let the Bulldogs make their own decisions.

We already have:

Blake
Drown
Nrown
RCG
Gutherson
Moses
Sivo

Plus we're trying to fit in Paulo and Mahoney on top of those. Drown and Sivo are player options as well ffs. We can't spend that money until the deadline passes (whenever that is) for them to activate it.

Last edited: