What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you really think that young players would not take the money ? Other than the club being an absolute basket case, like when Latrelle and others knocked back the Tigers, if they feel they are in good hands with Sheens or Gus they'll go.

LOL you think that players are going to the Tigers or Dogs because they will win a comp ?
No they're going there because they care deeply about the quality of coaching. The players going to these clubs are mercenaries, nothing more.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But it’s hardly a ringing endorsement of the coach and his staff is it??? Bea gave Mahoney his debut, the club gave him a shot after the Dogs punted him and this is the club he goes back too?? It can’t be all about the money, but it’s never Bea it’s always someone else’s fault the useless merkin is made of Teflon.
The point is you wouldn't know if it's Arthur's driving players away. When players leave the Storm is it because they don't rate Bellamy?

Our current origin half told me, it’s great playing finals footy….

He jagged a game in the light blue and all of a sudden he’s the next immortal lol.

Whereas young Stef is looking the goods for the next decade. How did you miss him? He’s still under factory dollars. He was head slamming into your r&r and they studiously avoided him.

This monster deal for RCG wtf was that? He’s almost the player most likely to retire. He’s done it before. He can be a creep show out there on his off days. Redcliffe deserved him

And “ Don’t you know who I am? Gutho -the extorting merkin…. At least you slapped him around a bit.

But on the balance, I saw the Panther trainers holding up the trophy on the weekend to an adoring Panthera. Fist raised high in victory. A superb finals series. Shiny gf rings on their fat fingers.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
But it’s hardly a ringing endorsement of the coach and his staff is it??? Bea gave Mahoney his debut, the club gave him a shot after the Dogs punted him and this is the club he goes back too?? It can’t be all about the money, but it’s never Bea it’s always someone else’s fault the useless merkin is made of Teflon.
How good is it that we’ve developed players good enough that other teams will pay a shitload more?

It’s a problem that I thought good teams like Storm and Roosters have had.

They manage this by identifying bargain replacements that are will to come to a good club for less money.

We took a leaf out of their book and arguably beat them at their own game by signing Papali and Cartwright. As long as we keep doing this then I don’t see too many issues. The salary cap means that good teams don’t keep all of their players, but if you have a strong nucleus you can turn average players into very good players.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He jagged a game in the light blue and all of a sudden he’s the next immortal lol.

Whereas young Stef is looking the goods for the next decade. How did you miss him? He’s still under factory dollars. He was head slamming into your r&r and they studiously avoided him.

This monster deal for RCG wtf was that? He’s almost the player most likely to retire. He’s done it before. He can be a creep show out there on his off days. Redcliffe deserved him

And “ Don’t you know who I am? Gutho -the extorting merkin…. At least you slapped him around a bit.

But on the balance, I saw the Panther trainers holding up the trophy on the weekend to an adoring Panthera. Fist raised high in victory. A superb finals series. Shiny gf rings on their fat fingers.
Ha ha funny dude…good luck for 9th spot again….

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Oh you're so right, no player ever re-signs before going to the open market. Whoever heard of such a thing? These imbeciles who think they know shit, hey pou? I'm so glad we have you to sort each dumb arse out when they come up with these outlandish and ridiculous statements and hair brained ideas.

Keep up your great work mate. You are so appreciated, but seldom praised. May the sun always shine on your face.

...and f**k your eyes merkin! 🤣
How was it outlandish? Do players not test the open market? That’s a far dumber statement to make.

Chipmunk

Coach
I suspect Mahoney is waiting to see what Brandon Smith does before committing to anyone. If Smith doesn't go to the Dolphins, I suspect they will then focus on Mahoney.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How good is it that we’ve developed players good enough that other teams will pay a shitload more?

It’s a problem that I thought good teams like Storm and Roosters have had.

They manage this by identifying bargain replacements that are will to come to a good club for less money.

We took a leaf out of their book and arguably beat them at their own game by signing Papali and Cartwright. As long as we keep doing this then I don’t see too many issues. The salary cap means that good teams don’t keep all of their players, but if you have a strong nucleus you can turn average players into very good players.
It’s great we took a Leaf out of their books, too bad the copy we got only went up to week 2 of the finals…….

Latest posts