What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s great we took a Leaf out of their books, too bad the copy we got only went up to week 2 of the finals…….
The Roosters lost in week two of the finals in consecutive years now. Maybe they took a leaf out of our book? Or maybe luck plays a factor every year. How many times does a coin have to land on tails before you say there's something wrong with the coin?

emjaycee

Coach
Tim Mannah interviewed this morning and gives a perspective on Junior and Mahoney re-signing.
Disclaimer: I am associated with the charity that was promoted in this article and was at the event with Tim and no, I did not discuss player re-signings with him.

84 Baby

Referee
Tim Mannah interviewed this morning and gives a perspective on Junior and Mahoney re-signing.
Disclaimer: I am associated with the charity that was promoted in this article and was at the event with Tim and no, I did not discuss player re-signings with him.

Is the charity the Royal Monobrow Society?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our Eels had their chance to avoid them but folded like a cheap suit for about 4 weeks when the pressure was applied. You remember surely. It was when all those staunch BA supporters jumped ship.
Every team goes through poor form, especially with key players unavailable. If you were fine without them they wouldn't be key players ffs. When the Chooks shit themselves right before (or during) the finals is it because Robinson can't coach? Merkins are just looking for an excuse to shitcan their favourite scapegoat. Now it's Arthur's fault we won't match stupid offers for players. I put it to you that the only reason we have a competitive squad in the first place is because we won't overpay for players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You don’t have to meet the eventual premiers if you knock them out.
Well you're talking about getting to week three. Plenty of teams have gotten that far without meeting either of the eventual grand final teams. In our four finals outings since 2017 we've lost six games, four of them against the premiers or runners up that year. The other two losses were against the Storm (2019) and Souths (2020) - both better resourced clubs than ours.

If spending more money didn't get you a better team why would these clubs spend so much?

I see him standing behind the goalposts watching the opposition kicker quite a bit. Hardly 'looking the goods'. Meanwhile his win rate at Parra was over 65%
I see him standing behind the goalposts watching the opposition kicker quite a bit. Hardly 'looking the goods'. Meanwhile his win rate at Parra was over 65%

At least Stef got out to see the sunlight of first grade.

Wearing a dress and setting himself on fire during training with Bea in 2020 clearly didn’t work. Stomping over Browny at will.

But if you are RCG with a Freddy Mercury moustache and a Redcliffe rumour, you’re worth a f**king kings ransom.

Come on, RCG has a bit of the imposter about him. Plays when he sees fit, usually around contract time.

Dogs security picked him up with gus and Barrett, but nobody recognised him!

Gazzamatta

Coach
I absolutely agree we shouldn't pay overs. Always another somewhere if your systems are good enough. I like new players coming through. Im very glad its not Brthurs responsibility and thank fu*k for that.