What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I teed it up for you and everything…

golfing-fail-missed.gif
Was you spying on me at Oxley golf course today merkin?? Had an absolute Barry Crocker. I’m never playing sober again ffs @Gary Gutful f**king hit 98 🥸

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My should of been called off for doing an injustice to the game of golf. 52 on the front nine ffs 🤓
Yeah that’s pretty shit. I bet you sprayed one into the warehouse on the right of the Par 5 7th. Very narrow tee shot.

I’d hate to be driving forklifts outside - they’d get peppered with golf balls.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The back nine is much harder imo so you’ve come home strong. Is it the 12th that’s the double dog leg Par 5 that feels like it’s 800m? The one before the long Par 3. I rate that as one of the toughest Par 5s in SE QLD.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The back nine is much harder imo so you’ve come home strong. Is it the 12th that’s the double dog leg Par 5 that feels like it’s 800m? The one before the long Par 3. I rate that as one of the toughest Par 5s in SE QLD.
Yeah I parred that hole 😂😂😂 and then the long par 3. But after that it was back to normal shit sandwich ahoy!!

Incorrect

Coach
Yeah I parred that hole 😂😂😂 and then the long par 3. But after that it was back to normal shit sandwich ahoy!!
The old Back 9 Blues.... Happens to me most comp rounds.... except in winter teeing off in the frost before 7am in which case, I am freezing cold and hands are numb for the front 9. Prolly not as much of a problem for you merkins living in the tropics....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The old Back 9 Blues.... Happens to me most comp rounds.... except in winter teeing off in the frost before 7am in which case, I am freezing cold and hands are numb for the front 9. Prolly not as much of a problem for you merkins living in the tropics....
Where do you play mate?

Incorrect

Coach
Where do you play mate?
Cumberland, western Sydney... Up until the 2 metres of rain we've had since the start of the year, the course was in great nick. It's challenging, you get punished if you don't hit straight. Places like Stonecutters Ridge, Camden Lakeside, even Riverside Oaks, you can spray your tee shots but still have a crack at the green 2nd or 3rd shot. Not Cumberland, you need to take your medicine....

Haven't played comp for around 8 weeks, course has been shut with all the rain, even a brief heavy shower, water had nowhere to go so this weekend it's tees up all the way from tee to green to try and stop the course getting dug up... No fun....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Cumberland, western Sydney... Up until the 2 metres of rain we've had since the start of the year, the course was in great nick. It's challenging, you get punished if you don't hit straight. Places like Stonecutters Ridge, Camden Lakeside, even Riverside Oaks, you can spray your tee shots but still have a crack at the green 2nd or 3rd shot. Not Cumberland, you need to take your medicine....

Haven't played comp for around 8 weeks, course has been shut with all the rain, even a brief heavy shower, water had nowhere to go so this weekend it's tees up all the way from tee to green to try and stop the course getting dug up... No fun....
That sucks.

Not played there before but have played Riverside Oaks and Stonecutters Ridge. Really liked Bungool. Some interesting holes.

emjaycee

Coach
That sucks.

Not played there before but have played Riverside Oaks and Stonecutters Ridge. Really liked Bungool. Some interesting holes.
Bungool has been open for like 2 months in the last 2 years (since it flooded in the 2020 floods).
Gangurru is open still I think.

I was supposed to play a corporate event at Stonecutters today, but the organiser cancelled the event because everyone was worried about the weather.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t think either team has that many stars. What they have is enough stars plus enough solid defenders. Both teams also seem happy to let highly paid stars go and replace them internally.

We could obviously do with more stars, but the mechanisms for getting them into your squad without paying too much aren’t something that can just be manufactured, and certainly not by the coach. Bennett is proving that right now.

Too is too 3 winger in game
Nathan best halfback
Luai is nsw 5/8
Martin is origin
Yeo is in origin
Critchton,tago and May, Spencer are young stars
Korisau is too 3 jooker in game
Kikau is nest attack 2md rower in game....
Jfh is one of beat props in game

No real stars. Just guys who are almost best in there positions?
Amazing squad

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nathan best halfback
Luai is nsw 5/8
Martin is origin
Yeo is in origin

Amazing squad
Some of those are overrated because they play in such a good team. Like in a team where most players are a 7 everyone looks like a 9/10 player. I think To'o, Cleary and Kikau are great (Kikau only in attack). The rest are good players benefitting from not having to cover weak team mates. WhoTF are Tago and May? Nobodies so far.

The whole team reminds me of the 2009-10 Dragons squad. Weyman, Poore, Creagh, Costigan, Scott all played Origin. History shows none of them were as great as they seemed at the time. Even Darius Boyd seemed like this superstar.

Nathan best halfback
Luai is nsw 5/8
Martin is origin
Yeo is in origin

Amazing squad

You should send this in for the National Poetry Prize. Sort of a mixture of 3 haikus and a sonnet. I think it would do well (though probably telling them that you are a left-handed Scottish-Rwandan lesbian would up your chances even more). Certainly a different subject matter.

hindy111

Post Whore
Some of those are overrated because they play in such a good team. Like in a team where most players are a 7 everyone looks like a 9/10 player. I think To'o, Cleary and Kikau are great (Kikau only in attack). The rest are good players benefitting from not having to cover weak team mates. WhoTF are Tago and May? Nobodies so far.

The whole team reminds me of the 2009-10 Dragons squad. Weyman, Poore, Creagh, Costigan, Scott all played Origin. History shows none of them were as great as they seemed at the time. Even Darius Boyd seemed like this superstar.

Yeo is far ahead of Kikau . Best lock in game by a margin.
Tago and May are up and coming star players. Similar to Penisini.
Korisau is also a genuine star. As much as Grant and cook are

T-Boon

Coach
That is an effect of lack of mobility in the middle, not a separate cause. Teams compress in the middle because they’re forced to, not because some professional coach knows less than a bunch of nuffy fans.

This is related to why they say you need to earn the right to shift the ball. If you make inroads through the middle you force the edges to come in to help. Then it’s the opposition’s dopey fans screaming “Stay on your wing ffs!”
That is why less players on the field (go to 11) would be a good idea.
Earning the right to play the brand of football that is likely to appeal to fans is not the ideal set up for a sport.
Or make the middle play more interesting/difficult than hit ups and fast play the balls.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
That is why less players on the field (go to 11) would be a good idea.
Earning the right to play the brand of football that is likely to appeal to fans is not the ideal set up for a sport.
Or make the middle play more interesting/difficult than hit ups and fast play the balls.
Personally, I love good play on both sides of the ball, attack and defence.
I love seeing the big boys try and make decent runs up the middle and the defence get set and crunch them hard.
It's great to see the middles try and dominate and see the darts from dummy half by a smaller player trying to outfox the big sluggy forwards.

It's also great to see the spread of the ball, the skill needed to move the ball quickly while on the run and I love seeing someone make a well-earned break out wide and then into open space at speed. And waiting to see if someone is going to make a cover tackle from the other side of the field.

This is footy!!