What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I can tell you for a fact that Tepai has already been offered that sort of money by a rival club.

Moeroa has great potential, but gee that's a massive offer for him.

Wonder if it is a top line club or a poorer performing club desperate for some half decent signings by taking a risk on an up comer with a big offer as none of the better too players will consider signing with them.

BTW my guess is it's manly maybe Dragons / warriors.

miatch

Juniors
Moeroa has great potential, but gee that's a massive offer for him.

Wonder if it is a top line club or a poorer performing club desperate for some half decent signings by taking a risk on an up comer with a big offer as none of the better too players will consider signing with them.

BTW my guess is it's manly maybe Dragons / warriors.

Lesser club. As you hinted at, when you're on the bottom young up and comers and even more expensive. Thank goodness we somehow dragged ourselves out of the mire a few years ago. Thanks be to BA, among others.

there's a couple of other clues in my TCT 2016 review if you're bored, but I can only say so much without upsetting those telling us.

Gronk

Staff member
I can tell you for a fact that Tepai has already been offered that sort of money by a rival club.

Might have to let him go. He's got potential, but at his stage he's got no money ball or many line breaks in him. Not sure what we paid for The Chairman, but he's far more effective that Tepai. A match winner in fact and I can't see Tepai putting in a MOM game anytime soon.

miatch

Juniors
Might have to let him go. He's got potential, but at his stage he's got no money ball or many line breaks in him. Not sure what we paid for The Chairman, but he's far more effective that Tepai. A match winner in fact and I can't see Tepai putting in a MOM game anytime soon.

as such re lesser club, we wouldn't have to match 600k to get him to stay. he loves Parra, has good support and connections there.

Stevie

Bench
I think BA likes Tep because he does a lot of things in defense that don't really get praise. Whilst he is still young, he really has a good whack in defense and he is a tough kid.

Incorrect

Coach
Tepai is still young and now has roughly 2 full seasons in the top grade behind him. He has shown a toughness and willingness to get in to the scrap that not all players neccessarily have. I'd be looking to hang on to him and groom him for a leadership role once the likes of Beau Scott and Timmy have been moved on.

Dibs

Bench
i'm sure they can magically retain all with upgraded contracts and also manage to sign a few more rep players
Brisbane will probably report them as downgraded contracts worth f*ck all until they leave then it will clear millions on their salary cap

Incorrect

Coach
I would pay 400k for Moeroa.

There still looks to be untapped potential. and his numbers this season were fantastic - only 3 players put in similar minutes and produced as many meters and tackles.

Based on what you've outlined above, in conjuntion with his youth and the increase in cap in coming seasons, and what I posted earlier about steering him towards a leadership role in the future, I would go beyond 400K tbh...

Or at the very least, structure a deal based on 400K for 2017, 450 for 2018 and 500K+ for 2019 - something like that

But from what miatch is saying, my figures above might not be enough to keep him....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
would you sign him for 3 years at 400k a season?
450k?
500k?
It would depend entirely on what we're paying other positions in the squad. We already have one 80 minute edge forward on probably elite money. Plus we have Edwards for 50-60 minutes a game. That limits how much we should spend on that third top 17 edge forward.

It's really got less to do with what Moroa is worth and more on what that position is worth to us. Our best cap balance might be to only pay $400k at that position, while Tepai Moeroa might be worth $600k (I don't think he is but I can see the possibility of him becoming that good).

Latest posts